Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bait & method for sat (if fog stays clear)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bait & method for sat (if fog stays clear)

Been waiting to get out all week and can't get out fri so Northern storms big launch shall be sat morn weather depending.
    As I'm going to make day of it the rods are ready and the new china braid spooled on so wondering what method or bait in should favour ???

If youre using chineese braid, why not match it up with a king prawn tied on with deep fried noodles...

I've just filled my reels with the chineese braid as well...

Seriosly though, the water will be dirty, so go for a scenty bait such as mussel, lug or crab if you can get some......good luck with the maiden voyage Graham, hope you have a goodun...

Comment

That's if get out just looking again at forecast and if it's not the bloody fog it's the wind getting up, gusting to 16/20knts at times !
      If it happens and do get out then it will be out of blyth I prob head to st Mary's , anybody on ere going to stroll out sat morn?

Comment

graham m8, from your rnli training a think you'll know where am on about.

as soon as you get through the pier's, head straight out, because of the mucky water, and weather permitting a would go for the "39m mark", al get rong for that.
        watch out for all the lobster pot marker's, because once ya past them your on the mark,

a use mussle and prawn.

good luck m8, look forward to a report.

davey

Comment

Saturday, the tides will be getting small and not very much pull, so I would head towards St. Mary's area, ideally when there is some tide pull. I find lug the best bait at this time of year on a two hook flapper rig just plopped over the stern of the boat at anchor. Give it 20 mins or so, if nowt, move 100 yds east or west and try again. Good luck mate.
          P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Anybody out then?

Comment

I'm out tomorrow (Friday), will wait and see what the weather is like first thing Saturday, so you never know.
              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

cant make moro due to full morning of hospital appointments for the bairn , just hope fog stays clear, you out fri if foggy?

Comment

I am out Sat and Monday, just messing about close in thou but will be up the can for an hour or so.

I will be using mackerel, squid and crab baits...the water will be sandy i would think after a week of east winds close in, off shore will be better i am sure.

Good luck
                  ................__................................ .............................
                  ____[ ~ \_____
                  [__On-A-Roll__/
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  P.B
                  SKATE 204lb
                  COD 51lb
                  LING 32lb
                  TOPE 40lb
                  CONGER 25lb
                  HADDOCK 10lb
                  HALIBUT 37lb
                  COALIE 16lb
                  BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

got some peeler left over from winter, prawns from asda anygood?

Comment

Crab and mussel cocktail on 6/0 hooks Graham.....

Comment

whats score with fishing at anchor then? what should i be looking outfor on plotter and fishfinder? or do i just pick a spot and try it?
                        only ever fished on drift

Comment

Canman is the boy for the anchor fishing, i would do it more but affraid i lose my anchor

The new boat has an electronic anchor winch and coiler so i should really sort a trip out and anchor more.

Tactics for me is just flowing rigs with bait, if the water is clearish i will use small shads.

Mind i always blank on my first trip of the season so dont follow what i do
                          ................__................................ .............................
                          ____[ ~ \_____
                          [__On-A-Roll__/
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                          P.B
                          SKATE 204lb
                          COD 51lb
                          LING 32lb
                          TOPE 40lb
                          CONGER 25lb
                          HADDOCK 10lb
                          HALIBUT 37lb
                          COALIE 16lb
                          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

haha ,well with a bit of luck this mist might disperse sat and i can get out, will blast over to stmarys see whos kicking about, what time u out sat?

Comment

Wont be there until 11ish, small tide, little drift so doubt i will stick on the rough ground for very long but the first trip out is just a checking everything thing out day and marking a few wrecks again. I be on Chan 8 from about 10am On-A-Roll
                              ____[ ~ \_____
                              [__On-A-Roll__/
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                              P.B
                              SKATE 204lb
                              COD 51lb
                              LING 32lb
                              TOPE 40lb
                              CONGER 25lb
                              HADDOCK 10lb
                              HALIBUT 37lb
                              COALIE 16lb