Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bait & method for sat (if fog stays clear)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck on your first run out Graham. I’m keeping an eye on the weather forecast and if it looks OK will be out on Saturday from mid morning adding to flotilla at the can.
    When I was there a couple of weeks ago, lug worm easily outfished rag, probably because it puts out a better scent trail in the dirty water. I’ll anchor in anywhere between 35 and 60ft of water, usually well inshore of the can on the edge of one of the drop-offs or ledges. Casting a bait and small breakaway lead away from the boat works well, keeping the bait on the bottom without it being pulled into a snag as the boat swings on the tide and wind.
    I’ll be on “Wor Lass” listening on ch6, 8 and 16, come and say hello if you’re passing.

Look out for the fireworks at South Shields if you’re still out at 20:00.

Comment

Need to learn area for hotspots like ledges /shelfs etc going to play about for bit get used to the boat 1st like, just hope this fog clears enough to give us a window to get out

Comment

Graham, Anywhere inshore of the can usually produces fish. Fish for a while. then when it goes quiet, move a short distance and start again. If there is no tide, then just drift fish as long as you are not drifting too fast, you will pick up fish.
        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Peeped out the window this morning to find a thick blanket of fog, so nipped down to the seafront to have a look at the sea conditions. Couldn't even see the sea, but could hear the waves on the shore. Times getting on now and have other commitments this afternoon, so wont be bothering today, but should be out Saturday instead. Good luck to anyone else out Saturday.
          Gramas, will give you a shout on channel 6. My boats name is Lazy Daze.
          P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

We got a tidy up session Saturday morning but if all goes well we may well add again to the St Marys' flotilla

good luck all ..

norm
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

hope the fog break's lads.

good luck with the rib graham m8,
              looking forward to some pictures m8.

Comment

Will get pics for sure if out marra

Comment

it's clear
                  Chris

Comment

Looks good, on my way there now....still feels like winter thou with that wind.

Have fun everyone
                    ................__................................ .............................
                    ____[ ~ \_____
                    [__On-A-Roll__/
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                    P.B
                    SKATE 204lb
                    COD 51lb
                    LING 32lb
                    TOPE 40lb
                    CONGER 25lb
                    HADDOCK 10lb
                    HALIBUT 37lb
                    COALIE 16lb