Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boat reel shimano tyrnos 16 info

Alright peeps

The Shimano Tyrnos 16 2 speed is a reel i have never seen on anythign but the tv or on the net but it seems to out match the TLDS and most penn reels hands down in the reviews...the question i have is i cant seem to find any site that can give me a true size of the reel...what i have been looking for is a picture of the Tyrnos 16 upgainst a TLD 15 so i can get an idea of the size before ordering one.

I dont wish to spend that kind of money on a reel that i wont use very much and the TLD 15 is about the right size for me, the TLD 20 is only used for skate and tope fishing so i am hoping the Tyrnos 16 is about that size.

Any help or opinions would be great
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Just type into google - Shimano Tyrnos specifications and there's a web site SHIMANO Fishing New Zealand. Shimano fishing Tackle NZ; Rods, Reels, Power Pro, Waxwing: high quality fishing tackle. | Shimano Fishing NZ that has all the relevant specifications i.e. weight, line capacity etc.

Comment

Cheers

Its the pyhsical size upagainst a tld15 i was after

I am after one with the harness lugs on, some pics show the 16 with them and some dont, i know the 20s all have the lugs but i think these will be over kill
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Interested to find out the results as looking to buy a Tld15 as advised by many ... Cost would also be a consideration ...

Comment

TLD15 will be about £80 and a Tynros 16 is over £200 thou smoother and a all round better reel but it over twice the price
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

That's interesting, don't think my budget would stretch. I have not seen a TLD15 for that price. Any thoughts on rod rating 10-20lb or 20-60lb or 20-100lb ... The last seems too powerful, thanks

Comment

Shame none of the local tackle shops stock any of the top end range of boat reels, i know stock sitting unsold is lost money but reels like Tyrnos 16's and 20's, Tiagra's, Penn Internatinal's etc are so hard to find local.
              ____[ ~ \_____
              [__On-A-Roll__/
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              P.B
              SKATE 204lb
              COD 51lb
              LING 32lb
              TOPE 40lb
              CONGER 25lb
              HADDOCK 10lb
              HALIBUT 37lb
              COALIE 16lb