Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackerel

Hi All,

Has anybody heard if the trawlers are getting any mackerel yet?

I worked away quite a bit at the start of last season.....when were the regular boat anglers starting to catch them.

I read somewhere on the forum that the shore guys starting to catch last week in May in 2003.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

[Edited on 11/5/2004 by jeff]

Hi Jeff,I caught my first one in 2003 on the last weekend of May. my mate Coza had just bought his first digi camera and we were trying it out ,, WE went to Blyth Pier to try out long shots /short ,what the picture actually looked like ect SoI thought Id take my spinning rod and have a wee chuck while he was working out how to use it,, Youll never catch owt he said its to early,, he hadnt even finished the sentance when\'bang\' straight into one.. It took him 2 monthsto work out how to down load it and send it to me,,,I would send you a picture of it but I hav\'nt got the slightest idea how it do it sorry Tich
    Tich

Comment

hi jeff,my mate who knows a few people on the trawlers was telling me two weekends ago they were starting to get them(40 miles) also,berts brother who also works on the trawlers says they are getting them too,i got my firt shore caught mackerel on 28th may last year off shields pier,which was the earliest one i have ever caught off the shore!its normally the first couple of weeks in june.its just dependant on the weather,hope this helps

Comment

they have just started to appear in our area thames estuary ,southend area

Comment

les are u fishing the weekend
          Beat them in their own back yard

Comment

think so mate,VERYearly start....

Comment

Woohoo, bring on the neet shift!
              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Working...
              X