Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Hi all just a couple questions, which I would value your opinions on. The first relates to Shimano TLD 15/30 star model, is this different to a standard TLD 15 ? Also what apps or sites are best for sea forecast ? Lastly I have never caught a ling and wondered if the strike and feel of the fish is different to others ie cod ... Thanks again guys always enjoy reading your opinions .... Hope the weather is better than expected for the Easter break ....

The tld star has a star drag system, the other has a lever drag that most prefer as its smoother, can be set more accurately.

For me ling don't usually fight as good as cod, untill they get in the boat and then give me a good hiding

Xc weather for wind
    Magic seaweed for swell forcast

Just my opinions.

Comment

Have a look at a few websits and get a picture of what the general forecasts are for the sea state. The ones already given are goo, and I like Marine weather forecast for Exposed Off Whitley Bay | Marine | United Kingdom, Coastal Areas and
      South Shields Surf Forecast and Surf Report too.

Comment

Thanks guys ..... Not caught a ling despite my best efforts .... From previous posts looks like the weekend break is not going to be best fishing ..... I'm waiting for a charter skipper getting back to me for Sunday ... Here's hoping !

Comment

Wind Map - Britain Observations usually spot on.

For ling use big mackeral baits refreshed every drop if you have enough.
          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Working...
          X