help local slip way needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help local slip way needed

Hi lads i need somwhere to launch my boat 2mrw i havnt got a 4x4 so it would have to be somwhere easy this is the first time ever iv took a boat out so any advice aswell as slipway info would be great
    p.s does anyone no the sea condisions for 2mrw
    thanks
    darren
    Here fishy fishy!!!!!!!!!!
    best fish 13lb 4 0z boghall feb 08 avtar pic
    next best 9lb tynemouth march 07
    next best 7lb 6 0z railway hole dec 07

dont do it unless ya sure mate or you might lose your boat and your motor
    Regards, Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Oblickta View Post
      dont do it unless ya sure mate or you might lose your boat and your motor
      iv got to find a slipway to launch off first so i can lose my car and boat

Comment

Sunderland has one, not sure if you can use it as a one off and pay or you need the year membership, worth given them a call. Its not a bad slip way, Dave uses it all the time and i found it ok and i had never done it before.
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

try looking here

there's a slip at seaton sluice but I'm not sure about it
          Regards, Graham

Comment

Sunderlands a good slip but you have to pay for a year, I think its around £100 for the year
            Regards, Graham

Comment

[QUOTE=Oblickta;132631]try looking here

there's a slip at seaton sluice but I'm not sure about it[/QUOTE

that websites spot on mate cherrs

Comment

South Shields is one you can usually get a way with without membership

cullercoats beach is an option, ok, not a slip but I've done it a few times with a normal car, trick is to recover on the bottom half of the tide, the sand is much harder preferably while its going out in case you do get stuck, in which case the lifeboat tractor is just the other side of the beach and they don't mind too much pulling people out for a small donation
                ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

just sent u a pm
                  Regards, Graham

Comment

i think we paid £85 or £95 for the year pass last year at sunderland not 100% certain but think its £85

soon find out cause its due lol

just had a look £70 per annum on site oblicker gave may have gone up ????
                    Last edited by gazzawill; 12-04-2008, 12:47 AM.

Comment

[quote=darren;132639]
                      Originally posted by Oblickta View Post
                      try looking here

there's a slip at seaton sluice but I'm not sure about it[/QUOTE

that websites spot on mate cherrs
                      I'm not a boaty person mate but I've heard on here that the Sluice slip is a bit difficult to use for a newbie,sure it gets a mention in here a few times,judging by the look of it i can see what they mean
                      Cheers Alan...

Comment

the slip at the sluice,i never really liked it,its a little steep and you need to reverse it round the bend making it a little difficult,also needs to be pretty flat sea to get in and out of the mouth as it can get real scary coming back in if the sea picks up.
                        theres one at the tyne south side just before the the groyne think its about 40 pounds a year its not steep and have seen cars there launching boats the lengh of ramp is all the way to low water so could slip any time.
                        the gate there is being sorted for the start of season so people without membership cant use it,so prob best to see about a membership as you could end up with your car clamped and a fee to pay.

Phone Number: Tourist Office 0191 4546612

Charges: £10.50/day

pic of slip,the driftwood and stone on slip isnt there now,was there about 3 weeks ago and it was all cleaned up,prob a old pic
                        Last edited by Vamp; 12-04-2008, 09:54 AM.

Comment

sunderland slip

the fees for sunderland is for the year just got mine £100 as for south shields,gates are going to be fixed over the next couple of weeks fees, £65 first year then £40 year after, woman who takes the money for s/shields is on holiday till monday

Comment

Sunderland is the best launch but an annual permit needed. Safe as houses and all tides. Middle of tide the slipway has a lot of algae on it so take a rope to allow car wheels to be on solid concrete (needs to be about twenty foot).

The charge is 100 quid but it runs for a year. So take it tommorrow and it expires this time next year.

Seaton Sluice is the worst reverse you could imagine, but not too bad as a launch. Avoid the bottom two hours of the tide as it is a drying out harbour. I usually launch at mid tide and recover 8 hours or so later. if you plan to catch one tide you will only get out for 4 hours MAX. Its locked and you have to get a key first. If you do get stuck by the tide try at anchor on the sand due east of the harbour mouth whilst you wait for it to come in. Some great flattie fishing. When leaving harbour dont turn too sharp right as the rocks run well out.

Whitby is a good slip. Once again not usable two hours either side of low tide. Check sea conditions before you pay. Costs about 15 quid for the day including parking. Ideal for a day out ...drop the mrs off and go to sea.

Sunderland is by far your best slipway.

All these slips are suitable for a two wheel drive car yet steep enough to enable a launch without getting the car wet. Take some waders and dont put the trailer too far in. Run the boat onto the trailer then winch it up so it goes on straight. Dont try to drive it on the trailer as it will drift sideways.

Good luck
                            Cheers
                            dave
                            Save our Sharks Member
                            SACN NE Regional Co-Ordinator
                            NSFC RSA representative

Comment

Thanks for the info lads i went out 2day off the slipway at heburn not a bad slip way but i had to get help off the lads at the boat club to help me get it back up.the kids enjoyed the day out but silly me had to head back as soon as we reached the piers as i didnt think i needed so much petrol

Comment

Working...
                              X