Help on for my first charter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on for my first charter.

Morning lads. I'm going on my first charter trip tomorrow. Can't wait. I've got all the gear ready but I'm wondering what the crack is for getting your catches home. Will we fillet the fish on the way back in? If we do what's the best way to take them all home?

Thanks for any help.
    All the gear, no idea.

You have to catch them first Andy lol that's if your not spuying up every where lol greasy eggs I will fillet your 1 makki for you if you want do you no what a fish feels like lol
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

I'm alright on boats mate. Mac Donald's breakfast on the mornin n I'll be champion. The boats been landing belters for a few weeks now. Any makki that comes in will be for bait.

Don't worry. I'll send ya a pic of my piggie to show you a proper fish. Not like your sticklebacks you keep eating.
      All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Good luck mate I luv cod me if u got any spare
        KOMPRESSOR SPORT
        PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
        PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
        OKUMA TRIO 55
        YUKI RUBYMAR
        RON THOMPSON TYRON
        SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

fillet them on the way back in if its not too bumpy, saves the mess back at home
          Chris

Comment

Yeah watch out if it's bumpy, you don't want a slip of the knife. Lynn usually flutters her eye lashes at the Skipper and he does it for her, not sure if that would work for you mind!

If it's bumpy and the Skipper doesn't do it, we fillet them on the beach to save the mess at the caravan.

Good luck, I bet you can't wait. What boat are you going out on?
            2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Nothing worse than after a good day to see your fish half cooked by the time you get it home, if possible when you are moving between marks gut your fish you have kept on the last drift, if you can take a cool box with you, and if possible get a couple of bags of ice from supermarket, keep your cool box shut all day and the ice will still be solid, if you fillet them put your fillets in between the ice bags, if you don't fillet on board at least see if you can take the heads off them and again put the bodies between your ice bags, normal cool box ice packs are better than nothing but usually don't keep the fish as cool as bags of ice, key is however possible keep the fish cold, even just keeping them in water in your fish box as long as you change it regularly is better than them laying there boiling in the sun!! Hope you have a good trip and the fishing gods are smiling!

Comment

Thanks for the help lads. That'll do me. We're going out on the blue eye 2. It's been doing well lately so hopefully were gonna get some piggies. Were out all day so it should be good.
                All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Good luck mate. I'm thinking of trying to squeeze in a wee evening trip on her when we are down.
                  2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
                    Good luck mate. I'm thinking of trying to squeeze in a wee evening trip on her when we are down.
                    Thanks mate. Why not give it a go. I'll let you know how I get on and what it's like if you want.
                    All the gear, no idea.

Comment

How you get on Andy?

Comment

Working...
                      X