Sapphire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapphire

Hi,lads just having a bit of a moan,was support to be out on the sapp to day like,but when I arrived at the pick up point no boat showed,it was only we I stood gutted.a couple of other lads appeared and told me,there was no trip the day,with not so much as a text,how nice,may b if the shoe had of been on the other foot.

Yea bad crack that lads dropping the skipper in would be banned and slated

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 01-09-2014, 09:58 AM.

Comment

May b m8,but I got a text last nite saying it was still on half 11,possible crossed wires

Comment

why did you not phone him and try to get all the facts right and hear what went wrong before you publically shame him?

the guys try to make a living and its hard enough with those weather changes, surely they dont need negative publicity on top!

i know Peter as a very approachable and reliable skipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Kartonkel View Post
            why did you not phone him and try to get all the facts right and hear what went wrong before you publically shame him?

the guys try to make a living and its hard enough with those weather changes, surely they dont need negative publicity on top!

Hold on it's not the customours job to check I the boats still going out. Regardless what happened if the skipper does not contact you to say other wise it's on. Something might if happened but would the skipper like it if some one booked the full boat and didn't bother cancelling it? They have a big enough fit if you cancel it with notice.

Comment

Every charter boat I have ever booked, I have been asked to call before 7pm the previous night to check it is on, albeit usually for weather reasons. I think that is fair, takes me 1 call as opposed to a skipper phoning up to 12 people per night. Also do you expect a skipper to take a note of every customer's phone number when they phone/email weeks/months in advance? Of course not, he could never keep up, totally unworkable.

If it were me today turning up and the boat did not show I would be totally gutted, but we don't know the whole story.
              2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
                Every charter boat I have ever booked, I have been asked to call before 7pm the previous night to check it is on, albeit usually for weather reasons. I think that is fair, takes me 1 call as opposed to a skipper phoning up to 12 people per night. Also do you expect a skipper to take a note of every customer's phone number when they phone/email weeks/months in advance? Of course not, he could never keep up, totally unworkable.

If it were me today turning up and the boat did not show I would be totally gutted, but we don't know the whole story.
                thats the thing, Mark

I have never ever heard a concern about Peter not being reliable as a skipper. Also looking at the weather today, i doubt it was a weather cancellation. Something else must have happened and i clearly would give him credit and wait until the story unfolds.

Comment

Originally posted by totty View Post
                  Hi,lads just having a bit of a moan,was support to be out on the sapp to day like,but when I arrived at the pick up point no boat showed,it was only we I stood gutted.a couple of other lads appeared and told me,there was no trip the day,with not so much as a text,how nice,may b if the shoe had of been on the other foot.
                  well don't book again there are other boats bad crack not to inform you
                  consett warlord retired

Comment

thats the thing, Mark

I have never ever heard a concern about Peter not being reliable as a skipper. Also looking at the weather today, i doubt it was a weather cancellation. Something else must have happened and i clearly would give him credit and wait until the story unfolds.
                    Not saying he is unreliable just saying it's bad crack, and the skipper would not be happy if it was done to him

Comment

I haven't shamed the guy I've been out before with Peter,just think it bad crack,I found he rang others but not all,may b they were regulars

Comment

Originally posted by Pighunter View Post
                        Not saying he is unreliable just saying it's bad crack, and the skipper would not be happy if it was done to him
                        M8,I didn't mean too have I go at the lad,I was just saying it was bad crack he text me last nite at half eleven saying everything was fine for today that's all I was just a bit hacked of

Comment

sapphire

Right lets just get one thing sorted here shall we yes I did have a prob with the boat this morning prob with the diesel in it, And when you say I diding contact you I contacted evey body at 10-05 as soon as I knew the trip was off I left message"s on your phone so check them, And I don't give a toss what its say"s on fishmans locker,
                          Sapphire Charters Sunderland, Wreck, Reef, Rough Ground, Winter Up Tide, COP 60miles, Fully Licensed & Insured, Tea & Coffee, Toilet, Ring me Peter Skipper 07903454745

Comment

bad crack

Its bad when the skipper dont turn up plenty other boats give bob aring on catch22 top boat and skipper plenty of tea & coffee good crack .

Comment

So did you call you like he said?
                              2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Working...
                              X