No announcement yet.

Boating Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the operators licence, or the exam at least is bit of a joke IMHO. they pretty much guarantee everyone passes, and is fairly basic. Doesn't cover a lot of things that I've always thought it should, and is pretty scant on the new dsc based communications. I was going to re-take it, mine is 20 odd years old, just to get a thorough insight into DSC, but it doesn't really go there. Ofcom do occasionally check that vessels are licenced, but I've not yet heard of anyone getting slapped for not having an operators licence

there is a web site that has a free course you can do, which covers more than the actual RYA one does, with tests etc, need to find the bookmark for it though

few other places that do them though, including deepvee at the rq

RYA VHF Short Range Radio Operator

the PTA sticker you'll get from the RQ as the fees are included i the mooring fees

get you're boat radio licence for free by applying online at at Home page | Ofcom
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

here you go

fun for anyone else that wants to play as well

GMDSS Courses - online SRC course with marine NAVTEX receiver and DSC VHF simulator

the simulators are good, its something you won't get on an RYA course
      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Richie, you missed one off the list:

"Tell gaffer I can only work weekends cos the weather's always sheeite and it's flat calm thru the week"

Good luck with the boat.
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

That is one plus for me Keith, i work alsorts of hours and days so i will have at least 1 day off every week during the week...know what you mean about the weather mind, 3 years in a row now it has been like this.

Good job the cod have made abit of a come back in our waters to keep us happy.

Anyway i need to work weekends over the winter to pay the boat off lol
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb