Some bonny cod and ling on sea-otter 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some bonny cod and ling on sea-otter 2

The weather has been shocking of late at sea first time at sea yesterday for around 2 weeks wasnt sire what to expect with all the swell we have have been having but got a nice surprize some really nice fish came aboard .

COD AND LING IN DOUBLE FIGURES TODAY ON SEA-OTTER 2

paul.
    http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Canny fish but why do they all hold them at arms length.
    PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
    PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
    PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
    PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Originally posted by david.northeast View Post
      its a Whitby thing

current conversion rates:

1 Whitby lb = 0.75 imperial lb

1 Whitby cm = 0.5 cm

5 fishes caught (on a Whitby catch report) = 1 fish

Comment

Originally posted by Kartonkel View Post
        its a Whitby thing

current conversion rates:

1 Whitby lb = 0.75 imperial lb

1 Whitby cm = 0.5 cm

5 fishes caught (on a Whitby catch report) = 1 fish

Haha yeah I remember you saying. We got a great Whitby style photo of my fish too
        PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
        PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
        PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

I allways take a picture of a fish the minuite it comes out of the water not when its being laid in a box for 6 hours the reason being to get the best picture out of the fish and to see it gleaming they are weighed at the time of capture when fresh they allways look there best like any photo you allways try to get the best image great to see the detail of lovelly fresh gleaming fish .

paul.
          Last edited by big cod; 25-08-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

There is no zoom on any of the photos the fish are all held as far stretched as their arms will allow. Take a look back at the photos on this report. The bloke holding the ling has a tiny head but huuuuge hands
            PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
            PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
            PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

There is no zoom on any of the photos the fish are all held as far stretched as their arms will allow. Take a look back at the photos on this report. The bloke holding the ling has a tiny head but huuuuge hands
              We private boat owners, users and recreational anglers should always keep in mind and respect that some do this for a living and try to pay the bills somehow.

i have been critical in the past about the mix of professionals and hobbyist on this page but appreciated that most enjoy the catch reports of the charter boats.

i nowadays see it with a pinch of humour 😜🐳💲

and as you say, Dave....look at your Avatar picture (which I took on my boat!) your hands look huuge...and we had fun taking it!
              Last edited by Guest; 25-08-2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Now take a very good luck at this mans hands holding the halibut big hands big fish 53lb bang on now you know what they say about a man with big hands weighed on the scales in whitby angling supplies.

Better picture like holding a sack of spuds up no wonder barry is pulling a face .

paul.
                Last edited by big cod; 25-08-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Well after waiting eagerly for some fishing reports, just to p!55 me off and to wet my appetite.
                  I was like Kayos at one point thinking the page had froze with nothing coming in at all.

Then i open this thread to see a link to a nice report, something to read.

Then i come up to this load of cr4p, from people, pr!cks, who don't seem to report with photos, in fact don't report catches very often at all and quite often spoil good reading rather than contribute to anything worth while.

It makes you laugh dunnit.

Paul, spot on mate, another top report and good read.

Not the first time you had big halibut if i remember right, great catch...

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_h View Post
                    Well after waiting eagerly for some fishing reports, just to p!55 me off and to wet my appetite.
                    I was like Kayos at one point thinking the page had froze with nothing coming in at all.

Then i come up to this load of cr4p, from people, pr!cks, who don't seem to report with photos, in fact don't report catches very often at all and quite often spoil good reading rather than contribute to anything worth while.

Paul
                    Since when do I not post my reports ? And with no photos ? Think you've been on the wrong report mate. I always post my catch reports and nearly always with photos.

Nearly all Whitby catch reports show the person holding the fish at arms length making them look bigger than they are.
                    Oh and I'm no prick mate. !!
                    PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
                    PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
                    PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_h View Post

Paul
                      I think the very only unfitting post on this thread is yours ! Calling fellow anglers names, insulting them etc.

Embarrassing, inappropriate and very lowest level.

it would not have taken you long to see that David and I very often post catch reports
                      Last edited by Guest; 26-08-2014, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X