The Perfect Boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Perfect Boat?

I think I have found my ideal boat but the only downside is the cost! I could maybe push myself to get one for the new season coming but more than likely I will be a lot better off waiting until the season after.
    What's anyone think of the vessel I am looking at?

She's a twinseas cat at 17" long which will achieve expected speeds of 25knots with twin 40's on the back. I would plan to put twin 50's on her.
    The boat alone is not too badly priced but by the time you add the two engines, wiring, steering and electronics I think it will be too much for me at the minute.
    Hence if anyone knows of a good warrior or similar (preparatory, explorer elite etc) going let me know please.

Cheers,

Graham.

Very nice, but 17"?? "Gonna need a bigger boat"
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

I will rephrase as 17 feet in length Keith!

Cheers,

Graham.

Comment

I've got a 17" boat in my bath that I play with!
        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
          I've got a 17" boat in my bath that I play with!
          Lol, I got told 7cm Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie-r-@hotmail.co.uk View Post
            Lol, I got told 7cm Mark.
            That's my willy Steve!!!
            2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

i am torn here...

on one hand I find the idea of a mini-cat very attractive

on the other hand they seem uneconomical compared with a small boat travelling in full planing. They also seem to lack storing space.

I am just as torn about the 2 engines. nice to have and easier to manoeuvre but also two engines to maintain, service etc.

I also think cats stand high in the water and are more sensitive to wind, which is no good for wreck fishing.

I would need serious reviews before buying one.

Comment

Morning Norbert,

That is my main concern, the drift speed due to the high freeboard and hence windage. I asked the manufacturer about this and he said they tended to drift bow to wind with the wind coming through between the hulls.
                I am going to go and see one in the flesh before I buy and all being well have a sea trial before ordering.
                The main benefits I can see are two good engines and double redundancy as opposed to relying on a much smaller auxiliary engine precariously hung at the stern to get you home.....eventually. With separate fuel tanks contamination would not be an issue. A large stable beamy platform as well.
                It will take a lot of more thought though as you say begone I jump!

Graham.

Comment

Working...
                X