Yorkshire trip - thanks Dave .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkshire trip - thanks Dave .

Arranged to go to Bridlington after an invitation from Dave Brown to come and see his area .Travelled up very early for a 7am lauch and was met by Dave and friends with a nice cup of tea . The boat was hitched to the tractor from the compound and towed to the beach and expertly slipped in to the surf . Daves Boat is a Warrior 175 with a 115hp ( yes 115 ! ) Honda outboard and is the dogs dooda\'s , one of the best I\'ve seen . The weather was very rough but not in the shelter of the headland and Dave opted to troll for bass . The pics show the rough water belting around the headland and Dave edged us expertly up for some close shots , the pics do not do it justice as the waves were 15-18ft high . The new techniques Dave and co use would also suit our coastline , and will be next year

Anyway , no bass were caught after a full day (water to coloured for the rapala\'s ) but what a great day

Dave , you never took a penny for the trip and the hospitality was great , thanks very much . Top angler and top bloke . When are you coming to the n/east then for to show us how to do it

Here is a better pic from Dave , this was taken about 1-11/2miles out!!

[Edited on 6/10/2003 by DaveMason]

Dave sounds like you had a fun day (even though the fish were elusive). What you have said on the thread really sums up the spirit of the NESA lads and lasses. I have not met so many nice people before joining the thread. I think it also reflects the sport that we all are so passionate about and the way everyone shares tips and experience.
    Dave from brid well done mate for being a another boat owner on this site who is more than happy to share his boat and experience with others on this site.
    Shame the pictures did not include one of a nice big bass.
    give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

My thoughts exactly Jason .

Comment

Those pictures of the water look as though they were taken on different days, where it\'s calm(er) it looks great, where it\'s rough....ooh mummy!! let me off. That outboard is a monster !!
        If all about you are catching fish, cast in their swim !!!

Comment

Yeh shame about the bass there was two shore matches on the same day and there wasn\'t a single bass caught so we wasn\'t on our own(thats my excuse anyway). I will certainly come for a day out of the tyne especially now your a speed freak Dave . You and Norm will have to have a day out with us on the Tope. And thanks for showing me Tonys secret tecnique for stuffing pirks into fish before the weigh in your secrets safe with me Tony
          All in all at least we got out and there\'s not many places on the east coast you can do that on a force 7 northwesterly!

Comment

Dave,

Posted your pic but it\'s not taken . Is it greater than 200kb as the cardearg site will not have it

I\'m no expert on this but my camera is set to e-mail size pixels (640/480 )and this always works for me .

[Edited on 6/10/2003 by DaveMason]

Comment

Dave, you can just resize your photo, I use a canny free program called Irfanview, you\'ll be able to d/l it.

Looks like you lads had a good day, couple of those pics had me reaching for the kwells

Have you got your new boat yet Dave??
              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Hi Keith ,

Have not got new boat yet , but it\'s receiving my full attention mate . Looks like being an Ocqueteau like Norman\'s at the moment , I\'ve seen nothing as well made or as stylish up to yet ( Dave Brown\'s came a very close second mind ! ) Watch this space .

Comment

Wouldn\'t fancy hauling norms up and down the beach twice a day though

Comment

HOW BIG? he must have taken u on a calm day DAVE

Comment

Great Thread dave and Dave .........................

Dave M just for the record photo editor (standard pic viewer from microsft , should be resident) top menu, image , resize ....... lower the percentage and save as a new name, then check size, if ok fine, if not resize it again.
                      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Calm day Charlie , don\'t think so .

Thanks Norman .

Comment

some of the nicest scenery on the east coast dave on a nice day,some of the scariest on a bad day even the porpoises turn back

Comment

Working...
                          X