Graveyard 8 wrecks and back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graveyard 8 wrecks and back

to go to the grave yard and do 8 wrecks and back plots out at 63 miles from the royal quays allowing for extra fuel i would calculat it at 100 miles of fuel needed
    so if your boat does about 5 miles per gallon then about 20 gallons would be needed so realy its not that far

Sean
    The beautifull South

Yeah but there's nowt there.

A boat from SSBAC went last year, they came back with some mackeral.
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
      Yeah but there's nowt there.

A boat from SSBAC went last year, they came back with some mackeral.
      have a look at the wildcard videos on the net he's been going there and doing alright there are that many wrecks there and lumps it takes a few trips to get the good masrks but when you do its fish galore and nearly always a better stamp of fish

Sean
      The beautifull South

Comment

I always plan to give it a go , and maybe this is the year .................... but .....
        think I`m with keith on this ..... lol my best catch is almost casting distance from tyne piers
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

i see what you mean norman my best catch ever was on the Telephone box we used to try it every time we went north and never did anything on it as people used to say there is nothing there but one day we went on the way home from a blanking trip and in three hours we had had enough 3 shots all the time and every fish was between 7 to 10lb

dont dismiss the graveyard but do remember the whitby boats are at it regulary

Sean
          The beautifull South

Comment

aye sean, aware of that

been 20 mile off and caught nowt , on a few occasions ..... lol but will probs do the trip soon ....... fingers crossed its worth it .......

norm
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

thats a long long way from whitby!??

50 miles there and 50 back at 15knots thats over 6 hours of a fishing day gone, would of though getting out the wrecks at baymans hole/bruceys garden would be more attractive from whitby (who the flip was brucey anyway?)

there are some big wrecks there though, according to UKHO there's getting on for 40,000 tons of shipping in a 6 mile radius

got the details of most of em, names, tonnage, position and wrecks size (length width and height) at last survey if any one thinks it worth a shot.

There's probably some absolute red letter days to be had out there, but its a long way to go to discover your day isn't one of them!
              ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Mark its only 40 miles to the graveyard from whitby but i do admit its a long way to go for a blank

Sean
                The beautifull South

Comment

just plotted it?? straight line to it 49.7Nm to the top end where the bigger ones lie

will PM you some stuff!

Thought for the day:
                  Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Comment

Any info on the "nemisea" Mark, the wreck off Hartlepool ?

Comment

some of the brid lads had a long trip the other day here is there report

i think they were about 30 to 40 miles off

deep offshore wrecking trip

Sean

ps what is the one on the chart called the auriga i think ??
                      The beautifull South

Comment

Mark is there any chanc eof you sending me that info? i love to know what i am fishing on and spend alot of time reading up on the wrecks on the net and in the local book worm lobby.

Hard to do thou as over the years the names have changed so much and the long n lat in the books dont match my records but i do liek to know the info...have some crackign tails and info on most of the well know wrecks around here.

Sojovik, Tracey, Adastra, tug to name a few.
                        ................__................................ .............................
                        ____[ ~ \_____
                        [__On-A-Roll__/
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        P.B
                        SKATE 204lb
                        COD 51lb
                        LING 32lb
                        TOPE 40lb
                        CONGER 25lb
                        HADDOCK 10lb
                        HALIBUT 37lb
                        COALIE 16lb
                        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

is it known by any other name?? and/or was that its name when built or sunk?

can search by position, or by name. A lot of wrecks that folks know and love are not what the wreck is

ie the Dirty wreck is a ship called the Firelight, the tracey is actually called 'spray'

Thought for the day:

Comment

I have the spray down but its about 0.7 of a mile from the Tracey on my records, never caught anything but ling of it.

I have 317 wrecks in my list and only fished 64 of them, main reason is they to far away, i bet less than half still hold the original name.
                            ................__................................ .............................
                            ____[ ~ \_____
                            [__On-A-Roll__/
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                            P.B
                            SKATE 204lb
                            COD 51lb
                            LING 32lb
                            TOPE 40lb
                            CONGER 25lb
                            HADDOCK 10lb
                            HALIBUT 37lb
                            COALIE 16lb
                            BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by Codfather View Post
                              Any info on the "nemisea" Mark, the wreck off Hartlepool ?
                              filtered out the smaller ones, leaves this lot in pool bay

Thought for the day:

Comment

Working...
                              X