What a mess .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a mess .......

Gulls have found mussels and decided to drop everything in RQ Marina when I say everything that is the shell, parts of the contents and the digested crap out of their rear ends ......

Went down for a quick looksee and check over today only to find that I had no option other than a full wash up. There was crap and shell everywhere in lumps, spots, mounds and spread and trampled on.

Luckily its only up to a week old so washed off with a bit of detergent.

We used to have this bother when the marina was first etablished about 11 or 12 years ago. I figure the gulls used to come in for the winter months and hole up in Albert Edward Dock and considered it theirs but the start of the marina seen a few years where there was a tug of war between boat owners and gulls for the ownership ....... the gulls lost.
    Until ..... this year when they are coming not in the Nov to March months to shelter from the winter but now in June, to feed by the looks of it.
    Either a) the feeding is easy with a plentyful supply of mussel in the marina or b) the feed at sea is difficult ..... any Ideas ?
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

possibly less for them along on the fishquay these days with the last round of decomissioning, might get worse as the western quay is soon to be fenced off altogether, and the whole quayside/gut/net sheds etc is getting a few million thrown at it for whats left of the fleet, and to try attract a few more of the big pellagic boats in to shields

might sound mad, but a few of my mates on the west coast have plastic owls mounted on the roofs of the commercial boats, seems to keep them at bay
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Your lucky Nomrna i get that and the turns dive bombing my as they nesting ont he wall i am next to.

I had the same all over Stingray like, shells and crap, quick hose down and sorted....but when its hot it will be baked on
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
        Your lucky Nomrna i get that and the turns dive bombing my as they nesting ont he wall i am next to.

I had the same all over Stingray like, shells and crap, quick hose down and sorted....but when its hot it will be baked on
        Send 'em to St Petes, they might seal our deck up temporarily
        "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
        Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

I do my best. Been back down tonight and from leaving at 2pm they had dropped 3 more shells on the roof and left a mmmmrrr on the window
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb