Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simrad Nss, NSS evo2, Lowrance HDS gen2 and gen2 touch wifi plotter to ipad

Hi Lads,
    just thought i'd share a bit of info for those owners who are not aware.

if you have a Simrad NSS or NSS evo2, a Lowrance HDS gen 2 or Gen2 touch, , you can wifi your plotter screen to your ipad or tablet,

you can control the plotter from the tablet on the gen2 touch, view only on the gen2, view only on the nss and control it on the nss evo2,
    in addition you can view only on a smart phone.

Navico sell the go free wifi module that links the plotter to tablet via the app for 200ish quid !!! another rip off

After picking this up on the US sites, you can use a old router from your home and connect that by either buying the lowrance nmea cable or if you have a spare cable cut nmea cable and crimp a rj45 (£1 from any computer repair shop) plug on the bare end. i had a nmea cable and cut it half which gives 2 cables, instead of buying a lowrance rj45/nmea cable for 30 quid.

plug rj45 into the router, and other end into the plotter. you need the router password which is normally on a sticker on the router.
    download the app, find the router on the ipad wifi, connect and thats it.............

you cannot have a different screen to the plotter, it just mirrors it, its a bit of a gimmick, but if your like me i'm up and down changing, zooming etc while traveling. Now i can sit back and do it off the ipad
    , or
    if you want to see the sounder while out on the deck then a ram mount and lifeproof case for the tablet and you have a outside screen.
    so save a couple of bob, dig a old router out, sort a cable and your up and running.
    and to keep the crew quiet tell them to get the app on the phone and they can watch it out on the deck.

my mate brought his ipad down the boat so i downloaded the app for him, set the password and he was blown away...........
    hope it helps

Paul

That's another one I've put you on to how you doing anyhow.have you stopped your wind dance yet.

Comment

Working...
    X