rotten bottoms for wreck fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rotten bottoms for wreck fishing

have read recently in magazines and on web sites about a rotten bottom for wreck fishing using a paper clip. can anyone shed any light on this and if possible show me how to do it please.
    give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Jason, all i do when bait fishing for ling is tie the sinker on with a length of light line. If you get snagged and snap sinker off dont reel in immediately the bait you have on will keep the hook deep enough. I have taken some good fish after snapping off.
    Alan

Comment

thanks charlton i do that at the moment but was intreaged at the mention of the paperclip one ( i think it was roger bayzand that mentioned it in an article.)
      give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

Hello Charlton,
        Just posting here in the hope of getting rid of my shadow. Is the Charlton in the hope of Heston following and attracting the babes of the board?

Comment

Charlton ......... (LOL hello alan)
          yes I agree with view of light line as a rotten bottom, I think the Roger Bazand thing from Jason was actually from the Sea Angler Cod video and was not a paper clip but a wire tie wrap ...... still a good idea, any weak link would be a help ....... unless its the top hook thats caught
          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Nope he\'s still there. Should I continue this double life will it mean I fish more than 3 times a year ? Will it mean the scarborough gets wet on a regular basis ? Will the freezer be stuffed with more than bread ? It\'s Friday and life\'s looking up.

Comment

Normans right I think it was in the cod video . The sinker on the boom was wired to break free , but as alan says you want a lighter line on your pirk and just leave it behind .

Comment

I found a mention of this elsewhere on the web as well. I\'ve tried it from the boat in scotland and it worked really well, I even tried it from the shore (NOT RECOMMENDED!) once, out in the wilds away from any one within impact range, and let rip. Needles to say it didn\'t work, the lead must of gone 300 yards tho, shame the rest of the rig just landed in a heap at my feet

forgot to add: simply clip the lead onto the paper clip and then clip the clip onto whatever you have at the bottom of your rig, Usually I\'ll just have a blood loop in the line. I figure if theres a risk of losing gear, minimise the amount of gear you have lurking down there

[Edited on 10/10/2003 by mark]
                ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

I have used paperclips before and they are very effective. My problem is finding the wrecks so I suppose it doesnt really matter what I use.

Comment

LOL, Stores.....

You just can\'t shake off that \"ugly bugger\", can you?

Well, you can, actually

Go into \"profile\" and deselect the avatar which you currently have \"chosen\" - simple, really.

If you send me a pic of yourself, I\'ll add it to the list of available avatars and you can then have your very own mugshot up on the Board, m8.

Comment

Working...
                    X