Boat questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonydodds
    there is a lot of transom mounting transducers on youtube, if you haven't looked yet

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

i suspect you already have looked but, the location of the tranny is there any through hull or water scoops behind it on the hull that might cause turbulence across the face of your transducer, you need clean water.
    mount it away from strakes.

best of luck

hope it helps

Paul

Comment

tonygdodds
      I have just fitted a vsr to mine so that I can have two batteries that can be charged and the starter battery will only be used as a starter and the other will run the aux. very easy to install and does away with the manual isolation switch. Cuts out any chance of forgetting to switch to the right battery. total cost around £50 if you do it yourself.
      •Secretary not permanent fixture until screwed on top of desk
      Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
      :man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day

PB COD 22LB (BOAT) Grafter h'pool
      LING 21LB (BOAT) Esmeralda h'pool
      CONGER 30LB (BOAT) IOM
      THORNBACK RAY 13LB (BOAT) ULLAPOOL
      COD 12LB PIER(middleton)
      CARP 30LB CANADA
      PIKE 25LB SCOTLAND

Comment

one other thing you could try on your plotter is the contrast, don't have it set too high. you may need to adjust and test it on the move I set mine down from 60% to 46%, might help.
        •Secretary not permanent fixture until screwed on top of desk
        Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
        :man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day

PB COD 22LB (BOAT) Grafter h'pool
        LING 21LB (BOAT) Esmeralda h'pool
        CONGER 30LB (BOAT) IOM
        THORNBACK RAY 13LB (BOAT) ULLAPOOL
        COD 12LB PIER(middleton)
        CARP 30LB CANADA
        PIKE 25LB SCOTLAND

Comment

Might be worth checking the sensitivity setting on the sounder, if too high, will show a lot of noise.
          P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
          X