Building up transom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building up transom

Has anyone got any pointers for raising up the transom on my CJR to take a long shaft instead of short?

Was thinking of 5" extra height???
    Is it as easy as bolting down on top of existing & fibreglassing over the top then was gonna attach a stainless/galvanised plate to inside & outside bolted together

Transom

Alright tony, what's wrong with the short shaft? Are they hard to come by compared with long shafts ? Prob lot of info on you tube etc, bought quite a bit stuff from east coast fibreglass in South Shields, the lads in there are very helpful, also got some tutorials on there web site.

Comment

Got a good deal on a long shaft engine.
      Also get a bit of water on a rough sea with the transom being low so best of both worlds get the engine & stop the swamping

Comment

Originally posted by Tonygdodds View Post
        Got a good deal on a long shaft engine.
        Also get a bit of water on a rough sea with the transom being low so best of both worlds get the engine & stop the swamping
        Yeah, know where your coming from with the low transom issue. If you google cjr 16 rebuild theres a great article on wsf, might be a little more in depth than you planned but gives you a bit of an idea

Comment

Thanks I'll give it a look

Comment

I wish I had the knowledge & bottle to try that myself Iv got a feeling I'll get a shock though.
            Might be easier to buy a new boat

Comment

Working...
            X