Wor Lass 10th March – A Short, Slow, Sunny Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wor Lass 10th March – A Short, Slow, Sunny Session

I managed to squeeze a couple of hours fishing in this afternoon and still get back in time to pick the boss up with ten minutes to spare. Possibly my last chance before Easter when all the signs are that the spring run should be in full swing.

Getting back afloat in sunshine felt great even if the drift was fast and the fishing slow. Down went the anchor at my favourite drop-off inshore of St Mary’s can, shortly followed by a couple of lines. Mussel brought some interest, taking a few small coddling down to the smallest of no more than 4oz. One or two fish rattled the lug baits without any conviction or hook-ups proving it was a mistake bringing three bags of lug and only one bag of mussel that didn’t last long.

In the sunshine and sheltered from the breeze, spring was in the air.

One of the fresh-run little fish that came in for a photo then back over the side.

Nice to get out Kevin even though the fishing was hampered by the wind. I only had lug with me, so it was that, or nowt
    Ken rang me in the afternoon, asking if that was me off Whitley, but that must have been you. Sure his eyesight must be getting poor
    Hope the weather is good for Easter.......
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Well done Kev. Wished I'd managed to get out myself. Hope your right and spring is in the air could do with a good run of good calm weather. See you out there soon.

Comment

Working...
      X