Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilge Bother

Morning lads,

The solution to this query may be blatantly obvious to some people on here but I'm not the most experienced when it comes to electrics etc so please bear with me....

After working fine my bilge pump has just packed up without warning. I've checked the fuse which is fine so I'm wondering what the problem may be. I'll be up there giving the wiring a full check to see if anything is loose, if it all seems fine I'm just wondering whether anyone has any ideas on what it could be.

The pump is approximately 8 years old and has seen a fair bit of use so it may be that it has come to the end of its life? if so, does anyone have any suggestions as to a decent replacement? it's not an automatic bilge so I'd prefer to buy another which is switch controlled if that helps the suggestions.

As always any help much appreciated.

On a final note, had a session of the hard ground yesterday, then a trip out to a wreck for an hour, zero fish to speak of but what a cracking day to be afloat!

Cheers

Dave

after 8 years it may have died david

also there may be something jammed in the impeller.

check that power is getting to the pump in the first instance.

and that im afraid is the limit of fault finding skills good luck,keep us posted
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

As Dunc says nine times out of ten the impeller gets clogged preventing it from spinning and the coil burns out.
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Working...
      X