Sunday 19th Oct 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 19th Oct 2003

Well once again went out early doors, Headed over towards St Mary\'s and after an hour of so with the sea picking up decided enough was enough. So in I headed only to be greeted by Cullercoats lifeboat with a bit of advice from then I explained I was heading in.

Ahh but as I approached the Tyne in quite a heavy sea there she was - The Bonga. So I had to stand by for what seamed like ages before I could nip in past the Tugs.
    Anyway the moral of my tale: I would rather be sitting on the Zetland wishing to be out fishing opposed to like I was out fishing wanting to be back in the Royal Quays.

LOL Nice one connie, I wonder how they would have playe dit if it was worse sea and you NEEDED like to be in.
    ps you didn`t mention your catch?
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

your braver than me connie,i had seen the forecast so i stayed in bed,i bet marc would have played chicken with the bonga though

Comment

I lads the winter winds are here.Anyone catch much around xmas time last year from the inshore marks?

Comment

I\'m assuming you didn\'t take any photos of the Bonga then Connie !!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 19/10/2003 by bigh]
          If all about you are catching fish, cast in their swim !!!

Comment

Well Norman I didn\'t mension the catch cos there wasn\'t any.

As for the Photographs Bigh there was absolutely no way I was chancing that one.

Comment

Me ma\' phoned uz just after 10 thismorning to say that it had just been on the news that the Bonga was leaving the Tyne about then! Jumped in the car and shot down to Tynemouth in time to see it about 1 1/2 miles off the pier ends (nice of AMEC to let us all know after all the publicity it\'s had!!).

The first thing I noticed (after the Bonga like!) was the state of the sea, white water everywhere!!! No massive swell, just snotty as owt!!! You\'re a braver man than me Connie! I would of had to think twice about going out, even on the DFDS ferry, in that sea today!!!!

Comment

Well Ians I suppose I was the lucky one having such a good view. As for being brave more like being stupid although it wasn\'t too bad on the way out, I followed THE BOYS out and it wasn\'t too bad but I would have preferred to come stright in instesd of lulling around outside the peirs.

Comment

connie - the bonga is a nice colour init. were you in the boat alone. I was in the Navy for some time and i would not have gone out in a frigate on Sunday - ya daft lad.LOL

Seriously mate it soon brings home to you how unforgiving the sea is and must be respected at all times.
                  give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X