Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flotation Suit - Imax Premium or Fladen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flotation Suit - Imax Premium or Fladen?

Hi lads, I'm looking to purchase a flotation suit and I'm undecided between the Imax Premium Flotation Suit and a Fladen two piece suit. Gerry's currently have the Imax Premium Suits for £149.99 and then you can pick up a Fladen suit off Fleabay for around £85.00 - it doesn't necessarily come down to money I would just like to know if anyone out there as either one of these suits and are they any good? i.e. value for money? cheers Mike

Dont know about the above suits mike, but just got one of them fisheagle suits from glasgow angling centre £59.99, cant fault it, warm and comfy.

steve

Comment

I've got a Fladen one piece suit and I cannot fault it for its warmth and waterproof qualities. However, it's quite heavy and stiff so after a long day you certainly feel you've put in a hard shift.

Comment

hi tricky 1st i would like 2 say sorry about asking this qs on ur post but not sure how 2 ask my own,altho i think stevie has answerd part of my qs i wanted 2 ask, I like u is after a floatation suit,but i do have a limit on price,,my choice is between a fisheagle @ £69.99 or a SAS mk6 @ 89.99 with all ur help i hope ( santa brings me the right suit ) xxx

Comment

ive only ever used the sundridge floatation suits never had a problem im currently using the sas mk2 one piece suite think you can pick them up from most places around the 80quid mark
          personal best pier:2003 xmas eve the hugh 12lb4oz

Comment

Forget the sas mk6 the handwarmer pockets are very large and let the rain in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky Tree View Post
              Hi lads, I'm looking to purchase a flotation suit and I'm undecided between the Imax Premium Flotation Suit and a Fladen two piece suit. Gerry's currently have the Imax Premium Suits for £149.99 and then you can pick up a Fladen suit off Fleabay for around £85.00 - it doesn't necessarily come down to money I would just like to know if anyone out there as either one of these suits and are they any good? i.e. value for money? cheers Mike
              mike i have a imax 2 piece and have never had any problems with it,keeps me very warm and dry.it is fairly heavy to wear but thats the quality of the material used to make them.

Comment

sundridge

I think for sheer quality you have to go with sundridge

Comment

Just bought a two piece Abu Floatation suit from Fishing Republic £85. Spot on. First night out wearing it at Hendon prom saw huge waves coming over the top, toastie warm and dry as a bone. Why didn't I get one last winter. All I need now it to take back the leaky boots to FR and I'll be ready for anything.

Comment

I have a fladen 1 piece and with the neoprene inner suit your sweating like a goodun no matter how cold.
                    2011 Catch's so far
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Cod: 13 / Ling: 0 / Herring: 4 / Pollock: 1
                    Biggest: Cod 6Lb
                    ---------------------------------------

Comment

I have the Sunridge Premium ,nice and comfy for all day wear,a bit pricy though.I paid £144 from Gerry's including a pair of Hot Foot Boots(they do just what it says on the box)

Comment

Cheers for the info lads!

Comment

I had the fladen one pice suit black & yellow and could not fault it, wished I had never sold it now.
                          reason I got fed up sea fishing on my own and was going through a bad patch so sold all of my gear rods reels and floatation suit.
                          returned back to sea fishing a few years back and its cost a fortune to replace all my gear next purchase will be a floatation suit for this winter
                          consett warlord retired

Comment

Flotation suits imax or fladen

Ive got two imax suits first one i took it to norway first time on jacket and salopetts leaked like a sieve absolute crap my other one is a £400 job looks good but truthfully not worth 400 glad i only paid 200 havent worn it dont trust it i now only use oilskins only truly 100% wind and waterproof gear on th e market youll not float in em mind

Comment

Working...
                            X