weekend weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weekend weather

You guys still working weeks must be pulling your hair out by now, with yet another crap forecast for this weekend. Where are those high pressures nowadays, they're getting more and more rare.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Nightmare the way things are going its going to be the middle of July before the weekend guys can get out. Im not tied to the weekends but the crew are, Im waiting for them all to retire in the meantime Im left twiddling things and hoping that the weather gods will give us all a decent weather weekend.

Comment

The weathers all arse-first nowadays.Years ago the prevailing winds in the winter were from the north giving you nice seas to bring the cod inshore.The summer winds were west/s.west giving flat seas (unless it was a sw hooly) and clear water.Now its the opposite i blame them lads who drive the 4x4s making global warming

Comment

Guilty.........but I only do 4-5,000 a year. Need one to launch off beach.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
          Guilty.........but I only do 4-5,000 a year. Need one to launch off beach.
          I reckon I'm on countdown Arthur ..... lol soon see you out ther midweek

norm
          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

You might be in luck, looks like possible Sunday and nice for Monday, could be on for you lucky fellas.

Canman,
            The charters Would have numbers of weekends fished and cancelled due to weather, from the diaries over the years, it would be an interesting comparison I bet.
            I wonder how the numbers would look like, more fished or more cancelled?

Paul
            Last edited by Paul_h; 19-05-2016, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
              I reckon I'm on countdown Arthur ..... lol soon see you out ther midweek

norm
              You've been counting for a little while now Norman, that day must be coming up soon-ish, but, you know what will happen, sods law an all that, the weekend weather will turn around
              Hope you have a retired shipmate to accompany you, especially for the pics and videos lol.

Comment

Yes Paul, the weather looks quite settled for Sunday, so should be a few out, including myself.
                would be interesting statistics fished/lost over the years, especially in the last, say five years,as the weather patterns are all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
                  You've been counting for a little while now Norman, that day must be coming up soon-ish, but, you know what will happen, sods law an all that, the weekend weather will turn around
                  Hope you have a retired shipmate to accompany you, especially for the pics and videos lol.
                  About 28 years and 8 months to go
                  Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                  I AGREE

Comment

6 years and 364 days, but who's counting.

Comment

Not long then Tony, it'll fly over.

Comment

So, it was your birthday yesterday Kevin.......you out Sunday!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes

I'm hoping to get out on Sunday, if the weather allows. Not too early though, and I'll need to go digging tomorrow, just in case. I'll listen out for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X