Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - Episode 2

Today was my second attempt at fishing.
    Once again I was on board the JFK Two. The weather was a bit a of a mixed bag today but thankfully there was plenty of blue skies and sunshine.
    The personal challenge for this second trip was to try and improve on my last haul. (one Cod).
    I’m pleased to report that I have made steady progress and my catch statistics have improved.
    Today I bagged a Pollock – Ling – Herring and Cod.
    My tackle losses were also reduced…..I only lost 3 leads and 2 of those latex squid things.

Episode 3 will be sometime in June.........
    This fishing malarkey can be quite addictive……

Another great day.

Cheers
    John
    PS. Sorry for the lack of photos….my batteries died after catching fish number 2.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........

Love your humer and optomism John, andwell done on the percentages. That's you properly hooked now. Keep the reports coming.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Nice one. And nice to see your addictive to it whoo hopefully see more reports coming in off you well dune
      Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Herring??

were there more of them ?

Comment

Originally posted by Wasabi View Post
          Herring??

were there more of them ?
          It was the only one.
          I didn’t have a clue what species of fish it was but one of Allan’s crew identified it as a Herring….it was very slimy which I assume was some sort of protective coating?
          It was a bit of a fluke catch as it was hooked through its body. So it maybe got caught when I was reeling in?

Comment

Well done John; your catch rate is improving exponentially and you'll be hauling in monsters next time. It does become addictive doesn't it.

Comment

Enjoy the read cant Waite for episode three make sure the cameras charged for the next trip and oh yeah well done on your catch increase

Comment

Working...
              X