SHARK HUNTING !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHARK HUNTING !!

Lol.........Anybody out shark hunting this weekend ??

Report in tonights Gazette suggests that there\'s a Mako hunting for seals and Porpoises between the Tyne and Hartlepool.

Over 40 porpoise and seal corpses have been washed up in the past few days.....all with large chunks taken out of them.

Tests are still being carried out to determine if the injuries are those inflicted by a Mako.

Lol.....keep getting visions of the chaotic harbour scene in Jaws being reinacted in all the marinas from here to Hartlepool this weekend

Heard through the grape vine that a shark had been landed recently by one of the local commercial boats. Hmmmmm food for thought.
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j273/nerhs/p.jpg

Comment

You couldnt post the article could you Tony or e mail me a copy
      Alan

Comment

Just mailed you, Alan

Comment

I knew the new cabin was being built to make more room for summit Gonna need some bigger hooks!
          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Here\'s the story in the Shields Gazette.........

http://www.southtynesidetoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=1111&ArticleID=965359

Comment

Up this weekend for a bit of a fish. Reckon the scarboro and 60 lb line can cope with a common a garden mako. Only problem is can a shark fit in the Barge Bottom and can I get 6000 yards of line on the reel. Will give him 50/50 on any bets

Comment

Wonder if it is a long fin or a short fin, belive the short fin are good eating and the long fin pretty awful eating, could be the other way around.
                Alan

Comment

Had on..i must have missed something....... \"Over 40 porpoise and seal corpses have been washed up in the past few days.....all with large chunks taken out of them\".

I always thought porpoise only stuck around in the summer and there was not that many of them, Most i have seen in 1 day was 14.

Comment

Lol Richy.....I guess ITS\' needs for porpoises are greater than yours........if the food\'s there, it\'ll find it.

Been looking around on the \'net for info on Makos........
                    Found some interesting facts on quite a few sites............

\"Mako\" comes from the Maori term \"mako-mako\"......which means \"maneater\"

They grow to over 4m and to a weight of over 400 Kilos

Their normal cruising speed is around 22mph but can accelearate to over 45mph when giving chase.

They can leap several meters into the air

Sitings in Britiah waters are quite rare and mainly occur in August.

They are canibalistic in the womb....eggs are hatched inside the mother and the strongest young\'n eats the rest.

Before striking, it circles its prey in a figure of 8 pattern, then approaches at speed with its jaws open

When caught by anglers on boats, they have been known to attack and destroy the boats and kill the anglers.

They have been known to bite people even after being caught and whilst hung upside down at weighing stations.

ALL IN ALL.........DEFINITELY A FISH WITH ATTITUDE !!!!

Alan: Did you get my e-mail ??

[Edited on 9/3/2005 by TC]

Comment

They have been known to bite people even after being caught and whilst hung upside down at weighing stations.
                      ALL IN ALL.........DEFINITELY A FISH WITH ATTITUDE ! Quote

Now that would make a good Photo

Comment

Yes Tony, got your e amil, i did reply, it might have got bitten off. As you say the Mako is not to be taken lightly very, very bad attitude, like me without sleep, ferocious. Believe the top speed recorded for a Mako is somewhere around 60mph and has caused more damage to boats and anglers than any other shark, including great whites. Anybody going after it at the weekend.
                        Alan

Comment

Had my porpoises in a live tank all ready Alan, but forecast strong northerlies, so the boats out of the question.

Anyone know how to pendulam cat a porpoise? I\'ll use an impact shield to make it aerodynamic

Davy

Comment

sless is a good caster ask him :P lmao

good distance shields to roker are they that far off?
                            Beat them in their own back yard

Comment

Got some interesting photos of Makos, but as the photo uploader is down at the minute, I can\'t errmmm....upload \'em.

Comment

Working...
                              X