Leadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadheads

Went in to Gerry\'s of Morecombe the other day and bought the 4 cavity leadhead mould . Anyone know the best weight to suit a 10oz main leadweight ?

dave i have got the very same mould and i find the smaller ones give the best action and movement , the larger ones tend to strain the plastic wrecking booms that i use on a hopper rig .

Comment

Seems like we ought to be giving leadheads a try next season Dave, I`ll see you at marina soon
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Thanks Michael , will try that .

Norman , Looks like they work everywhere else and may prove effective on certain days . Already made 100 norweign , jensen and 10oz weights , bit premature like :P .

Looking at trying a bit of trolling at the tyne stones reef as well , need to sort out what type of downrigger I need like they do in Norway . Did not really give bait a fair go either , as it happens all of the big fish caught this year on the boat ( Alan , Tony , Rich and ell etc ) were all caught on bait mostly .

Spring seems a long way off at the moment

[Edited on 16/11/2003 by DaveMason]

Comment

Dave
          I found that the leadheads fished hopper style do catch bigger fish than those getting caught on daylights from the same mark, they are also good for 6 inch ling(i believe norman witnessed that one). They are a fun way to fish on braid as you feel the fish nipping and attacking the lure.
          give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

I think i know what you mean by Hopper style , could you just explain a bit more ?

Comment

Bagged up with the hopper rig today Dave, although bait worked the majority of fish (all cod) came to lumi fishtec shads fished using a six ounce lead with boom and three foot trace with one ounce leadhead and shad.

Comment

What was your catch Dave ?

]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

We landed a box full of codling biggest about 8lb with the majority about 3lb but returned at least three times as many, well over 100 codling I reckon Norm- great fun and hopefully not finished yet.

Comment

Excellent catch Dave, lets hope theres still some about here (when we get the weather to get out0. Only good day in last few weeks was Sunday but I had other things on, hopefully next weekend (Hope Dave M has his new boat in marina for friday so it`s a good excuse to give it a whirl)
                    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Don\'t fotget the champers (or is it brown ale?), but mind the gel coat that is if any of it actually touches the boat lol.
                      Did you get your pm?

Comment

Will it be a ticker tape procession out of the Tyne boys followed by Champagne and Cavier LOL weres the invite? Ive got me evening floatation suit ready
                        http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j273/nerhs/p.jpg

Comment

Looked at the boat today , sea trials next tuesday and hopefully in the marina by Thursday . If anyones out for a pint on thurs / friday next week givus a shoot :P

Comment

hi dave, i think i missed something, you\'re getting a new boat.

what is it m8?

les

Comment

Hi Les,

Yeah , the \"Poacher\"s going out to pasture and I\'m having an ocqueteau 625 next week .

Comment

Working...
                              X