Angling Liaison meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angling Liaison meeting

Apologies for posting this on both the shore and boat boards, but it is relevent.

Probably to far for you geordies, mackems etc. to travel but for any Yorkshire based anglers;

A meeting has been scheduled at Hull University on the 20th April (next Wednesday) starting at 7pm.

The idea of the meeting is to set up a recreational sea angling liaison group which will be able to facilitate dialogue with sea fisheries managers on a local and national context, on behalf of local anglers, taking account of their views. As opposed to a few anglers responding unilaterally, which is the present position. The meeting is open to all and hopefully local anglers will give their support by attending in numbers.

Such items on the agenda will be;

Aims of the group

The proposed bass intertidal netting byelaw

Bass bag limits

Prohibition of landing tope byelaw

Right to fish (Access issues)

Increase in MLS

Representation on SFC\'s

Update on Governmental reviews of sea angling

Local concerns (whats affecting you - Power stations)

Establish the representative group

The meeting will be held in the Ferens Building on the Hull Campus, specifically in the Lesley Downs lecture theatre, starting at 7:00pm. There will be directions posted throughout the university.

This is an opportunity to feed into a representative group that hopes to resolve and or have a major input into local issues that affect local anglers.

If your unhappy with the way the local fishing is developing!!!, poor catches, lack of access/facilities etc. Come and make your point, get involved, obviously if you think everything is rosey in the North Sea garden then there is no need to attend, is there!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If it doesn't bite its not worth catching!!!

Hi Doc, Your probably right about it being to far for us geordies and mackams to travel on a weekday, but if your going to be there why not act as an agent for NESA. You could collect a lot of information, complaints etc from members and guests on this site and relay any information back the same way.access to the south dock in Sunderland would be a good starting point for shore anglers in this area.
    As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,
    but P*****g everyone off is a piece of cake.

Comment

Hello mate , long time no see . cannot make it either sorry . How is Dave Brown ?? Not been on for ages Are you two coming up for the boat comp?? , if you are your welcome on dolly anytime mate . Give my regards to Dave when you see him .

Comment

Hiya stranger, yep I\'me still here lurking in the background just had to retrieve me password to post though.
        We are hoping to come up and fish the match again this year but I\'me waiting on the delivery of my new boat http://www.cheetahmarine.co.uk/images/main/latestdeliveries/23.1.big.jpg
        should be here in a couple of weeks and if we get sorted in time i\'ll make the journey up from Whitby.
        See you all soon
        Topey

Comment

Nice one Topecatcher, looking forward to the catch reports mate.

Jim.
          Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Hi Doc & Dave (lol....sounds like duck & dive)......good to see you on the Board again.

No need to apolgise Doc.......as you say \"it is relevent\" to all of us.

Your new boat looks a bit of a beast, Dave

Nice if yous COULD make it in time for the comp

Comment

I told you Dave that they had not been eaten by sharks fishing off Whitby nice to see you two back posting.

Comment

That sharks days are numbered Rich.
                Watch this space lol

Comment

Mackerel 20 miles off so not that long now if the weather stays ok. Cant wait for a spot of fishing.

Comment

Hello dave mate , good to see ya back Are you keeping the boat in the compound or moving up to whitby . Oh , and whats top speed , power , fixtures etc etc . Looks a right little beasty .

Comment

Hopefully staying at brid mate. The boat will be fitted with twin honda 90\'s giving 25kts although she\'s capable of 45kts+ when fitted with twin 225\'s didn\'t fancy the fuel bill though!
                      Electronics include an icom dsc vhf,handheld vhf,garmin 2010c plotter,raymarine rl70crc colour display with fishfinder radar and second plotter.

Comment

hi topey

thought i saw your warrior on boats and outboards a while ago, thought you had gone bust and had to sell.....lol

how wrong can you be, almost makes me wish i was going to blue dolphin for my hols this year

nice one :P

Comment

Les you gonna come down for a go at the Tope this year??

Comment

dave mate, i would love to.....

i\'ll PM my phone numbers to you and we can have a wee chat about best times, scheduals etc

speak soon

Comment

Hi lads , good to hear from yous again ...... whooooooooooooooooooo nice one dave, we`re all booked on yours for the comp LOL

Nice one mate, look forward to seeing it ......
                              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X