cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cancelled

sorry peeps this is just for interest with all the boat trips that have cancelled this year just wondering what is a safe sea /condition for a charter to go out in sorry i know is open to debate as i know me fav will go out in a 1.5 swell just a bit of info needed like what swell will cancel a trip what wind speed any info really appreciated
    pb s ling 24lbs cod 10.7 lbs pollock 9.5 lbs mission on to beat these

Any westerly wind is best speed wise 15mph and below anything over that gives you a fast drift etc the worse winds are the easterlies they are the ones to avoid
    Cod machine

Comment

Originally posted by leeskinner007 View Post
      sorry peeps this is just for interest with all the boat trips that have cancelled this year just wondering what is a safe sea /condition for a charter to go out in sorry i know is open to debate as i know me fav will go out in a 1.5 swell just a bit of info needed like what swell will cancel a trip what wind speed any info really appreciated
      All depends on the boat really
      there's Alan Skinners boat (ex lifeboat) built for weather
      but in my eyes you cant beat the cats now very stable fast big platform look at last Monday a lot of boats cancelled the ALI CAT was out catching fish as well ,even on Tuesday the big ships were rolling ,we fished quite happy with a slight up and down motion , watching the sea clash against the shore
      hope this helps you to understand a bit lee

Comment

cheers lads much appreciated

Comment

after the last trip a was out with you lee, a did`nt think it mattered. !

Comment

Originally posted by davey1970 View Post
            after the last trip a was out with you lee, a did`nt think it mattered. !
            :d:d:d:d
            www.tjgannet.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by billyturbot View Post
              All depends on the boat really
              there's Alan Skinners boat (ex lifeboat) built for weather
              but in my eyes you cant beat the cats now very stable fast big platform look at last Monday a lot of boats cancelled the ALI CAT was out catching fish as well ,even on Tuesday the big ships were rolling ,we fished quite happy with a slight up and down motion , watching the sea clash against the shore
              hope this helps you to understand a bit lee
              cheers bud was on alans boat on sat was a canny swell on bit ov a struggle to say the least 5 m swells no good lol

Comment

Originally posted by leeskinner007 View Post
                cheers bud was on alans boat on sat was a canny swell on bit ov a struggle to say the least 5 m swells no good lol
                At least you know you will get back save with it being a ex lifeboat and your in very safe hands with Alan,any way the swell was not 5ft on sat it was only 4.99 M
                when ,,,sorry if we get a good week of settled weather the north east coast is going to fish its pants off

Comment

Aye as soon as is settles al be giving davy a buzz lookn for a spare place on famous
                  www.home-improver.com
                  Where quality counts

Comment

Three months of almost none stop easterly's now, and still no end in sight. Even when it has gone light westerly there is a decent sea still rolling in, then the next day, back to easterly's just to top it up. We seem to spend our lives waiting
                    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
                      Three months of almost none stop easterly's now, and still no end in sight. Even when it has gone light westerly there is a decent sea still rolling in, then the next day, back to easterly's just to top it up. We seem to spend our lives waiting
                      Don't worry Arthur, I got bored being retired and promised someone I'd do some work for them, soon as I start the weather will change to light south westerlies, blazing sunshine and flat calm seas

Comment

this sunday looks promising or will the sea still be up from the day and sat?

Comment

Working...
                        X