tyne charters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyne charters

I have been out on a new boat in the tyne called DIABLO, We have been catching qualaty fish around the 10lb mark but not a load of them and there seems to be verry few smaller fish around.
    Just want to know what other ppl have been catching out on there boats or on the other charter boats that work that erea.
    cheers

Originally posted by shad.man View Post
    I have been out on a new boat in the tyne called DIABLO, We have been catching qualaty fish around the 10lb mark but not a load of them and there seems to be verry few smaller fish around.
    Just want to know what other ppl have been catching out on there boats or on the other charter boats that work that erea.
    cheers
    Read the boat fishing posts m8 and you will see whats been going on okay.

Comment

Hi shad.man, welcome to NESA mate

I know Diablo well from Royal Quays Marina, good boat deals with both fishermen and divers (although not I hope at the same time )

The fish seem over the past few seasons to have been better in size than previous years but that could just be a growth cycle thing and they may well come up smaller in years to come. Usually about now (or a little earlier) we have the run of spring cod close in on the hard ground (St Marys and just off the coast) These in general are a lot smaller at around the 3 to 4 lb mark but for myself I've not fished a lot this season inshore (or in fact offshore due to weather). I suppose the choice is small clean and in numbers - inshore or larger but "generally" fewer in numbers offshore 5 miles plus on the wrecks.

All the best

norm
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Hi shadman, and a big welcome to nesa. I fish from my own boat out of Cullercoats mostly inshore. The fish are a good average size this year, when the weather lets us out to sea. There have been some good size coalies, especially off Hartlepool, also some nice size pollock. There's a good smattering of wrasse inshore to ragworm, and there are more and more mackerel being caught a few miles off.
        Hope that wets your appetite, regards Arthur.
        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

cheers for this info lads i am going to book up on diablo again, mick seems a realy nice guy so i am going to talk to him about it, as i said though there are still a few big fish to be had it was the rough ground on the shads i wanted to do as we had a great year last year at the end of may but this year its been dead!! unles the spring run hasnt happend yet?????
          i like catching the 3~5lb fish as there a good pan size lol and we tryed the ground close in (about 1-2 mile off) with verry little caught then fished the wrecks about 5-7 mile off and had some canny cod between 8 and 12lb and loads of ling 8lb+ whitch is good but it seems there isnt verry many small fish like i used to catch around the 3-5lb stamp............

Comment

Working...
          X