shad booms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shad booms

Been trying to find some decent booms for shad fishing a while now but still can't find a good quality boom that is strong and works a treat was wondering what you lads are using and if poss a place to source them cheers dean
    Cod machine

I was making my own out of stainless tig welding rods, bend them to the shape and length you need, strong as hell they are . I think they are call Filler Rods.

Comment

If you want a tangle use a boom, not necessary at all.

Comment

Don't suppose you have a pic of the ones you made Chris just I have tried to make them before but keep messing up and end up tangled etc cheers mate
        Cod machine

Comment

think most people tie a metre of line to loop at top of(bell)weight
          AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Lol dunc them bell weights are for the likes of Arnold swatznigger I was thinking of using a zip slider instead of boom but them booms look better
            Cod machine

Comment

Dont need to use them mate, save yourself some money, check out sea otter website Sea Otter 2

Comment

Tie a swivel to one end of 3ft of 30lb amnesia and a shad to the other end , tie a link swivel to the end of your mainline and clip your lead and your shad swivel ont o that, no need for a boom , they are a waste of time, money and effort.

Comment

Have a look on EBAY, type in "flying collar booms", i didnt bother with the sliding collars, just twist the wire into a loop mate. You working down the marina mate ?

Comment

Cheers mate I will have a look not anymore mate I got upgraded and now drive a crane on the docks instead beats doing the heavy lifting etc
                    Cod machine

Comment

Originally posted by kingcod deano View Post
                      Cheers mate I will have a look not anymore mate I got upgraded and now drive a crane on the docks instead beats doing the heavy lifting etc
                      Good to hear that mate

Comment

How's things with yourself mate hope you are all keeping well you not missing the boating I know I am and after I get hitched in 4 weeks I'm gonna be looking for a vessel the missus don't know yet lol
                        Cod machine

Comment

I bought some cracking ones on eBay they 15 inches long and solid built think the seller was called Davys tackle
                          Last edited by clarky; 09-06-2012, 08:41 PM.
                          www.home-improver.com
                          Where quality counts

Comment

Think this is the link mate
                            5,X,15",HEAVY,DUTY,WRECKING,BOOMS,4,SEA,BOAT,COD,L URES | eBay
                            www.home-improver.com
                            Where quality counts

Comment

BOOMS WHY,waste of time 2 american swivels thats all you need its fool proof ,and tangle free,its how you wiggle your shad that gets the fish , flick your shad away from boat if you can,then as the tide brings your shad back towards the boat, hop your shad if no fish on, wind up and try again game on

Comment

Working...
                              X