Shadding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadding

When using a plain non weighted shad does anyone use a small drilled bullet next to the hook .
    white van man

bullet

Originally posted by Rod View Post
    When using a plain non weighted shad does anyone use a small drilled bullet next to the hook .
    hi mate ive tried it but preffered to fish it with a bead in front of a stop then a snap swivel to a short trace,or you could just try an american snap and a 2oz to three oz bomb attached to it and your trace direct to the snap bit,it works for me from the shore,im also going to experiment fishing from the shore this year and the boat with a 30z bullet lead with some very fine holes drilled in them,to create a bit of fizz as they are worked to create some bubbles,it may be daft,it may fail,but i will try,cheers chris
    sometimes i sits and thinks,but thinks better whilst sitting on a rock fishing

Comment

Rod,
      I think you want to be using a leadhead/jighead.
      For a 4in shad I use a 6/0 / 7/0 10gm - 15gm leadhead and put drop of superglue
      on the shad to hold it onto the leadhead.
      Thats only my way of doing it and works for me.

Davey

Comment

I have small leadheads and lots of different weighted shads,I have just bought some unweighted 6 inch shads and fitted them with a 7/o o shaughnessy hook.Just thought a half or one ounce drilled bullet on the line on the nose of the shad would work ,or is it not necessary.
        white van man

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
          I have small leadheads and lots of different weighted shads,I have just bought some unweighted 6 inch shads and fitted them with a 7/o o shaughnessy hook.Just thought a half or one ounce drilled bullet on the line on the nose of the shad would work ,or is it not necessary.
          I've fished unweighted shads tied direct to the trace and they worked and caught fish that way but for whatever reason I stopped using them can't remember why, I think it may have been because they come off the hooks, I can't be bothered with superglue and such so just use the pre weighted pre hooked shads now, I bought what I thought was a lot from china, they definitely work , I caught so many cod on them in one session that someone on here accused me of lying , , still have loads in my bag but I think I'd better order some more, they go down pretty quickly

Comment

Working...
          X