Late report for Sunday 10th, TJ GANNET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late report for Sunday 10th, TJ GANNET

Set off early Sunday morning as the best fishing has been on the morning tide most of the week. We hit the first wreck and got colley at first then came the cod. 6 and 7lbs where the norm but got a couple a little bigger, no double figures. We had about one and a half hours of this then someone flicked the switch and the fish just stopped feeding. Off we go to the next wreck about 2 miles away, it was a little bit like hide and seek but i found out where the fish where hiding, only problem was getting through the mackeral! we fished this wreck for the next 3 hours and got plenty of fish, average size was 7.5lbs and largest fish was 14lb cod caught by Matt Howden, his PB.
    The fishing dropped off with the tide so we tried our luck on another wreck but only got 2 small cod around the 4lb mark. with only about one hour left we tried a bit of ground fishing. This was only producing small cod and tones of mackeral, but it kept the lads happy. We stopped of on the good wreck on the way back home and got another couple of cod to finish the day. We had 8 fishing, 3 first timers, "all getting fish of at least 7lb" and thats what made my day

Matt with the 14lb cod

One of the first time out, 8lb cod

And another just for good luck
    www.tjgannet.co.uk

on the fish again barney m8, looking forward to me next trip. have you stil got that cabin bird.......!
    well done m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey1970 View Post
      on the fish again barney m8, looking forward to me next trip. have you stil got that cabin bird.......!
      well done m8.
      Sorry mate she got away, normal for me lol
      www.tjgannet.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X