Boat rod 12lb class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat rod 12lb class

Hello all I have a Shakespeare boat rod 12 lb class is this to light to use around north east coast as I want to start going out boat fishing or do I need a stronger rod cheers boys if this is no good has anyone got one for sale pm me thanx
    Last edited by toonboymc; 15-06-2012, 03:06 PM.
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

I use a 15lb Ugly Stik and I know of some who use even lighter rods so personally I cant see why you cant use the one you've got.
    I think the only iffy bit with the light-lighter rods is when your snagged up its at this point you have to be very, very careful
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Comment

Absolutely fine, I use a 6-12lb rod for inshore fishing and with 30lb braid, I can get away with light leads 3-5ozs.My other rod I always take with me if there is a bit too fast a drift, is a 12-20lb, just a bit better for heavier weights and pirks, but still light enough to enjoy even small fish. With any rod, if your stuck on a wreck etc: a couple of firm strikes, and it won't budge, just wrap the line around your sleeved arm a few times, or better still, a piece of broom shank, and let the rise or drift of the boat break you free.
      Hope that's of some help.
      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
        Absolutely fine, I use a 6-12lb rod for inshore fishing and with 30lb braid, I can get away with light leads 3-5ozs.My other rod I always take with me if there is a bit too fast a drift, is a 12-20lb, just a bit better for heavier weights and pirks, but still light enough to enjoy even small fish. With any rod, if your stuck on a wreck etc: a couple of firm strikes, and it won't budge, just wrap the line around your sleeved arm a few times, or better still, a piece of broom shank, and let the rise or drift of the boat break you free.
        Hope that's of some help.
        Thank you for the advice boys once again
        KOMPRESSOR SPORT
        PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
        PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
        OKUMA TRIO 55
        YUKI RUBYMAR
        RON THOMPSON TYRON
        SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

I use fladden maximus solid carbon 10 - 20lb looks like a straw but handles like a ring masters bull whip

Comment

Working...
          X