Long range forecasting-reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long range forecasting-reliable?

Having been amazed how even 5 day weather forecasts change daily - what's the point of looking 5 days in advance, if the next day it has changed?! - I promised myself that I wouldn't check the long range for our holiday in Hartlepool, starting 29th June and just take whatever the weather throws at us.

Well that promise didn't last long. Here I am with 2 weeks to go and 3 boat trips booked, looking online at the 15 day forecast! I knew it was a big mistake and now I'm depressed as it looks like it will be windy and rainy. Aaarrgh!!

Any forecasters on here with a more hopeful prognosis to cheer me up please?
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

i'll be at work....so the weather will be spot on for fishing....

and the 30th....and into july..

hope that makes you feel better...

Comment

have seen two completely different forecasts given for the same day the night before.
      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
        have seen two completely different forecasts given for the same day the night before.
        I was hoping to go out today and had been watching weather since Tuesday. Initially it said sunny intervals and cloud, no rain, 20mph winds. Same next day. Thursday said just cloudy now, no rain, 20mph winds. Friday same forecast.

Actually it poured with rain all day and not a breath of wind
        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Stopped looking at the forecast too depressing and just listening to what the skipper says if its on or not

Comment

Working...
          X