1st Launch Teething Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Launch Teething Problems

Well after hours, months , plenty ear ache off the better half, me brother & I took Outcast for its 1st run out. Excited at running it up & down the river trialing it out, never having owned a boat before i hardly slept a wink last night. The plan was to give it a good run for hour get used to it so i backed it down to waters edge, slid the boat off then i thought champion lets go.... well as all you experienced boat owners will know it aint all plain sailing!!!!! we couldnt get outboard to fire up , this started frustrating me n getting snappy with wor kid.
    Help was at hand tho as lad from boat club came to me aid checked couple things then fired her up....
    Then fwd gear would not select Think its how ive set controls up after replacing them with new, I decided to try the 5hp Aux,
    Fired up 1st go & off we went for potter down the river.

So all in all lessons learned in launching, outboards ( leaving them standing in garage after full service for months & not giving them little run no & again, aint good idea). Weight distribution of gear ( balance boat out evenly) then last but not least boat retreival.
    Dissapointed but not downhearted guess these things happen & was whole point of this morning.

first time is allways the worst.... but learn from everything that goes wrong..

first or second time we launched i remember putting the winch into free spool and pushing the boat off the trailer and the winch handle spinning round and smacking me right on the beak ....

never done that again...

it's great having a boat ....i'm sure you'll get the hang of it..good luck

Comment

Hope you's get the engine sorted out and all the teething problems out of the way to let you's get fishing. It was nasty this morning out there but moderated as the day went on.

Graham.

Comment

Some nice pics there, its just a few teething problems wich we all get at the begining of a season, although this season should have started a couple of weeks agodont let minor hicups get you down with boats there is always something to sort out the trick is dont panic, think it through, most importantly stay safe and the good days will come "simples"
        Last edited by codhw; 17-06-2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

nice outfit,a few weeks and you will feel like you have owned a boat for years,its a nice outfit to tow over the west coast as well , you will sort all the little bits and bobs im sure
          good luck

Comment

Cheers lads can't wait to get out properly like & catch fish, really put a lot of time into doing boat up

Comment

Working...
            X