Will we get out tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we get out tomorrow?

So after a bit of a stressful drive and a few stops on the way to buy, sell, swap gear, we finally arrived at the caravan with ten minutes to spare before the office closed.

Due to the longer than expected journey, missed out on collecting our leads until tomorrow evening, so if we do get out, I hope 5 is enough for the two of us. Mmm.

Anyway, phoned the Skipper and we are going to give it a try and see what it's like. So an early rise and drive to South Shields with everything crossed. Looking out the window just now, it's windy, but sea seems fairly flat. Mind you, we are 25 miles from South Shields and I know hee haw about it, so will just have to play it by ear.

Will put up a report either way.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

fingers crossed for you m8, don`t count your chickens tho................!
    am looking forward to your reports.

Comment

Not wanting to be bearer of bad news but our trip has been cancelled for Sat 30/06/2012We were out from Seahouses. Magic seaweed looks ok but skipper knows best i suppose and we found out before making the journey. My cash will go towards something else.
      I,m not to bothered-sitting here shattered from work last week.
      Mick.
      Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

One other thing bet the fishing is shi-e with all of the fresh water off the storm in the sea. Mucky as out.
        Mick.
        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Hope its a safe and succesful day for you. Maybe if you mention which boat you are on someone else on here may be booked and can take a bit extra gear to help you out. As you know there are some decent folk on here.

Good luck

Jonny
          PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Originally posted by jonny_s View Post
            Hope its a safe and succesful day for you. Maybe if you mention which boat you are on someone else on here may be booked and can take a bit extra gear to help you out. As you know there are some decent folk on here.

Good luck

Jonny
            Good idea. We are on Mistress. Only short of leads, got plenty of everything else, including 2 "new" boat reels bought from a member on the way down. Hopefully Skipper will have a few extra leads.

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
              One other thing bet the fishing is shi-e with all of the fresh water off the storm in the sea. Mucky as out.
              Mick.
              What a little ray of sunshine you are

Comment

Been on Mistress many times. Tony usually has a few rods and reels on board but expects end tackle to be brought with you.

Is he picking you up on South side of river ? I have always met him at royal Quays on North side.

Surely someone on here will be on tomorrow and can help out.

Jonny

Comment

Originally posted by jonny_s View Post
                  Been on Mistress many times. Tony usually has a few rods and reels on board but expects end tackle to be brought with you.

Is he picking you up on South side of river ? I have always met him at royal Quays on North side.

Surely someone on here will be on tomorrow and can help out.

Jonny
                  Thought I had 8 leads, but sadly mistaken. Been out with Tony once before. Yes he has offered to get us on the South Side at Custom Mill am Theatre. No idea where that is, so relying on a Tomtom that my mate loaned to us for the holiday!

Comment

Been out today got a few fish but water dirty over 8 miles out, tide line north abit cleaner but still dirty..drift was almost 3knots at time due to the wind, sea state was big dipper roller coaster, nice and flat upto 2 miles off then bosh white tops and rollers..so in short you will get out but not going to be one for the memory books i would think..good luck.
                    ................__................................ .............................
                    ____[ ~ \_____
                    [__On-A-Roll__/
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                    P.B
                    SKATE 204lb
                    COD 51lb
                    LING 32lb
                    TOPE 40lb
                    CONGER 25lb
                    HADDOCK 10lb
                    HALIBUT 37lb
                    COALIE 16lb
                    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Im guessing you mean the Custom House Theatre From the maps this is directly opposite Royal Quay Marina at a place called Mill Dam.

Anyway looking forward to the report, good luck to you both again.

Comment

Mill Dam, South Shields. NE33 1ES hope this postcode helps mate
                        www.tides4fishing.com http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...g#?tab=fiveDay

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
                          Good idea. We are on Mistress. Only short of leads, got plenty of everything else, including 2 "new" boat reels bought from a member on the way down. Hopefully Skipper will have a few extra leads.
                          Im out on the Sarah JFK 2morro, May pass yous :P
                          PB Shore | 4lb Codling
                          PB Boat | 12lb Ling

Rod | Ron Thompson Axellerator
                          Reel | Penn 525 MAG , Slosh 20

Comment

out with Peter on the sapphire tomorrow ,out i mean hopefully out! ,although they are saying the sea will be flat,its going to be breezy ,but lets wait and see

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
                              Mick.
                              Mick what a load of rubbish ,what you mean is your man only go,s a few mile out ,once your past the six mile mark the water will be spot on ,never heard such a load of rubbish in my life

Comment

Working...
                              X