boat storage or mooring options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boat storage or mooring options

Hi, well my awkward dad has decided to sell his house,which means i no longer have a driveway to store my boat.

Dont have a clue where to put it,its a 17 foot bayliner, i normally launch from the sailing club at shields.

I was thinking of just ringing a few caravan storage places but if im going to end up paying for it i may as well keep it on the water, i guess i could keep it anywhere from shields,seaham,harltlepool or on the tyne,wear or tees.

i'm just looking for the cheapest option really.

thanks

Storing your boat in a caravan yard will be cheaper than keeping it afloat in a marina. You could split the difference and get a marina berth for the summer months.
    The local marinas vary a little in price and have other considerations such as all tide / restricted tidal access, or places like St Peter’s being a long steam from the sea. Their websites are worth a look to see how the fees etc vary.

Comment

Taylor's yard in wrapping street do boat storage don't know prices tho but whatever you choose it's gonna cost ya 😳
      Cheers Bert

Comment

hope you get sorted m8, speaking of mooring's the port of blyth has just announced that there will be no boat's allowed to be moored on the river from 2019, this is to allow easy access to the incoming vessel's for the offshore cable laying and the biomass power station.
        don't know where every1 is going to put their boat's as the boat club on the river can't cater for all of them.

Comment

the missus did a bit a bit of ringing around last night,

St peters - was the cheapest but as said is too far upstream

Sunderland was around £1500 for the year and she said something about £700 for a rowing boat option? That would scare me incase we had bad weather

Seaham was around a grand for the year - not sure if this included water and electric

hartlepool was about £1100 without electric and water and around £1500 with

Not sure what to do, id like to stay around the tyne as thats the area i know and if it gets too choppy i can always come inside the piers

Comment

Originally posted by chris76 View Post
            Hi, well my awkward dad has decided to sell his house,which means i no longer have a driveway to store my boat.

Dont have a clue where to put it,its a 17 foot bayliner, i normally launch from the sailing club at shields.

I was thinking of just ringing a few caravan storage places but if im going to end up paying for it i may as well keep it on the water, i guess i could keep it anywhere from shields,seaham,harltlepool or on the tyne,wear or tees.

i'm just looking for the cheapest option really.

thanks
            .chris,dont know nowt about boats,but i know theres about 4 vacant moorings near{the crane}just up from the cemex plant at jarrow,or its next to the pedestion tunnel.hope you know were i mean @ it makes sense.ps,i know you will need a small rowing boat mind to get onto your boat.

Comment

you could try willing quay boat club, i think it only cost £500 per annum

Comment

Chris,
                When are you looking to tie up somewhere, is it immediate or in a few weeks kind of thing.

Paul

Comment

seaham very restricted with lock gates
                  AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

A 17 footer on one of the smaller budget berths at the Royal Quays will cost about £1100 a year or £120 a month for 10 months. Quote Calculator | Quay Marinas That keeps you close to the sea with secure, all-tide access. You’ll still need to find somewhere to park the empty trailer.

The RQ offer shorter term contracts which will be cheaper so you stay afloat from late spring to autumn then find a caravan yard for the colder months.

Comment

the missus did a bit a bit of ringing around last night,

St peters - was the cheapest but as said is too far upstream

Sunderland was around £1500 for the year and she said something about £700 for a rowing boat option? That would scare me incase we had bad weather

Seaham was around a grand for the year - not sure if this included water and electric

hartlepool was about £1100 without electric and water and around £1500 with

Not sure what to do, id like to stay around the tyne as thats the area i know and if it gets too choppy i can always come inside the piers
                      Think you must be on about the chain moorings at sunderland marina and there is nothing wrong with them in bad weather, safe enough for your boat, i was on them for years, plenty people used to do the 6 month thing and find some where else in the winter to save a bit money.

Comment

thanks for all the replys

willing quay - wheres that at? googles coming up with places down south

yeah i need it pretty much straight away,my dads completing on his house sale on the 10th feb, i guess it can stay on my drive for a week or two but i dont have room for it to live there.

yeah i realised last night about sunderland and the chain moorings,iv seen people rowing out to them before and i guess it would be fine. The only thing is how would i wash the boat when it gets covered in mackeral blood.
                        Also do they provide the boats?

i think they are all going to be around £1100 for the year and hartlepool/sunderland/seaham are around 40 mins from home royal quays around 50 mins provided i can get through the tunnel quickly so i guess it just comes down to which will be the easiest option and best fishing and unrestricted tidal access

On another note i need to get my outboard fixed a mercury 120 if anyone knows anybody? Iv rang around a few dealers in the summer but no one seemed intersted,saying they were too busy etc.

Comment

thanks for all the replys

willing quay - wheres that at? googles coming up with places down south

yeah i need it pretty much straight away,my dads completing on his house sale on the 10th feb, i guess it can stay on my drive for a week or two but i dont have room for it to live there.

yeah i realised last night about sunderland and the chain moorings,iv seen people rowing out to them before and i guess it would be fine. The only thing is how would i wash the boat when it gets covered in mackeral blood.
                          Also do they provide the boats?

i think they are all going to be around £1100 for the year and hartlepool/sunderland/seaham are around 40 mins from home royal quays around 50 mins provided i can get through the tunnel quickly so i guess it just comes down to which will be the easiest option and best fishing and unrestricted tidal access

On another note i need to get my outboard fixed a mercury 120 if anyone knows anybody? Iv rang around a few dealers in the summer but no one seemed intersted,saying they were too busy etc.
                          the boats are provided,but you need your own paddle,theres a water hose on the pontoon for wash doon---or get a bucket try chris smith marine(think hes hexham way---for your outboard
                          Last edited by lingking; 22-01-2017, 10:03 AM.
                          AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

cheers,is that north tyne marine? I'll give him a ring tommorow

Comment

cheers,is that north tyne marine? I'll give him a ring tommorow
                              dont know proper name,only know his name
                              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Working...
                              X