reiver boats ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reiver boats ?

Can any one tell me any info on a 18\' riever boat built in sunderland thanx?

ive seen one for sale but dont know much about them.

Thanx craig
    Please donate to the R.N.L.I. by donating on my website www.justgiving.com/craigts

send a PM to Marc, he has one if he remembers, or come to tommorrows meeting at royal quays he should be there and give you any info you want

Comment

they\'re actually built in Stanley. cracking boats and good value, got me eye on one myself at the mo
      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Hi Craig, Aye I have one if I remember rightly, It\'s down at the Royal Quays although I haven\'t seen her since about December time. If your at the meeting tomorrow you can have a look if you want as I need to check it out myself for the comp on Monday.

Anyway, Great little boats, 50hp will suit her fine, I think they are rated up to 90hp, christ knows what one would go like with a 90. I have a suzuki 50 4 stroke on mine and it flies along no problems sometimes to fast if the weather, sea and ferries allow.

They are built by a lad called Alan Craggs who took over from his dad who built them for 20 years before Alan up at Stanley as Mark says. Bungalow Cottage or something if I remember rightly, I\'ll find out for definatly for you though. It\'s the old mine rescue building at the bottom of the big bank. His number is 01207 283040 give him a ring with the number of the boat and he\'ll tell you exactly how old it is and who was the original owner. He\'s a great lad and will help you with anything you need.

Do you remember when they used to do power boat racing at the Sunday Quayside market, Alan and his brother used to build some of them boats and raced in them themselves that was until the HSE got involved as it become more like Wacky Races then powerboat racing, if you go up there ask him to show you the powerboat with the hole in it\'s side and the V8 engine in the front (it was supposed to be on the back).

Any way, great little boats and on par with any warrior or elite and for a fraction of the price as they are not that well known about.

Give me a shout if you want to have a try of one as it will be a excuse for me to get out as well.

How much is it going for if you don\'t mind me asking, PM me if you wan\'t.

Cheers,

Marc.

Comment

there\'s one in hartlepool marina £5k with a 70hp evinrude at the minute
          ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Av just bought a reiver sportsman recently with a force 75 hp outboard and have no complaints, it can\'t half shift.

Theirs a couple of pictures of it on the\"gps plotter\" thread on this forum.

Comment

Do they still have that ruddy alsatian, if i popped in when working up that way the lads would not get out the van.
              The Reiver Hull must still be one of the best designed hulls there has been.
              Alan

Comment

riever boats

hello riever boats were built in stanley and still are by a fella called craggs works out of an old fire station in stanley hope this helps

Comment

helps a lot, shame the post is 7 years old though lol lol

bob

Comment

My dad has one, superb build quality that is not compromised in any way.

Storage is ok, you need to organised to make the most of the room and not fill the boat up with crap you don't need. But that goes for all 17ft boats.

Freeboard is a superb height for fishing and stability is first class.

add to all this a super fast hull and you can't go wrong.

If you can find one buy it, they always sell and keep there value.

Comment

Aye, well built boats, but storage is poor, only the anchor locker and under the rear seats and a bit under the seat pods. Freeboard is ok but when the boat pitches a bit you need your feet firmly planted. Apart from that, mine was a nice seaworthy boat .......Cant believe i'm repying to a 7 year old thread

Comment

when i read it i thought martin ( missy ) had bought another boat...

7 years ago...i was still at school...

Comment

Originally posted by easyfish1 View Post

The Approved one

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
                            Do they still have that ruddy alsatian, if i popped in when working up that way the lads would not get out the van.
                            The Reiver Hull must still be one of the best designed hulls there has been.
                            if you take a good look its very similar to Shetland Alaska i used to fish with old Davy Craggs he made the dog look like a pussycat

Comment

Originally posted by easyfish1 View Post

Haha, exactly what I thought, .........why has martin bought a riever ?
                              Great boats by the way

Comment

Working...
                              X