Nobody been out yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody been out yet?

I was expecting to see at least a couple of accounts of some trips out based on the past two weekends? Nobody ventured out yet?

Originally posted by dave craig View Post
    I was expecting to see at least a couple of accounts of some trips out based on the past two weekends? Nobody ventured out yet?
    few charter boats and private boats have been out but they have caught very little hope it picks up soon for my columns
    Alan

Comment

Shady was lifted back in to the water on Saturday, SSBAC first comp on Sunday coming.
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
        Shady was lifted back in to the water on Saturday, SSBAC first comp on Sunday coming.
        look forward to result and some photos I hope
        Alan

Comment

Its very poor Alan, the water is green as I have ever seen it, we tried wrecks 4 miles upto 12 miles off but only odd fish landed between the two of us who fished.

Odd fish more on the ground but mainly under 2lb and hard to come by. Its very slow at the moment I wont be out this weekend coming as not worth it just yet.
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
            Its very poor Alan, the water is green as I have ever seen it, we tried wrecks 4 miles upto 12 miles off but only odd fish landed between the two of us who fished.

Odd fish more on the ground but mainly under 2lb and hard to come by. Its very slow at the moment I wont be out this weekend coming as not worth it just yet.
            The annual Algae-Bloom should be a massive concern for our politicians. The farmers toss recklessly fertilizers and sh...t onto their fields, even when rivers like Tyne Wear and Tees meander through it and it all washes into the North Sea.

It gets worse every year and nobody reacts.

My worry is that it is still early and very heavy this year...hope this is not a sign that the worst is yet to come

Comment

I'm going to give it a try on Saturday. Light winds forecast, making tides. Just pumped some lug, so will be bait fishing round can area. As long as photobucket is working, will try uploading any fish pics and give report, good or bad.
              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
                I'm going to give it a try on Saturday. Light winds forecast, making tides. Just pumped some lug, so will be bait fishing round can area. As long as photobucket is working, will try uploading any fish pics and give report, good or bad.
                good luck Arthur
                Alan

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
                  Same here m8 i'm going out, not expecting much but you never know

Comment

Originally posted by MrGloop View Post
                    Same here m8 i'm going out, not expecting much but you never know
                    see yous all out there

norm
                    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Well its been a long winter and this bear is out of hibernation
                      bring it on
                      Cheers Bert

Comment

Hi, i went out on my uncles boat "my plaice" last Sunday 2nd April from Shields. There was a few fishing around the can but not much caught at all. We were closer to the land and my dad got a cod about 1 and half's lbs and I had a cod 2lb 7. Plenty of fish there but just not biting.

Going out tomorrow so will write a report when we get back. Water was very green last week too.
                        Mackerel-Flounder-Coalie-Rockling-Bearded Rockling-Codling-Dab-Whiting-Plaice-Pouting-Gurnard

Comment

Nice one Will, I look forwards to seeing the report and am sure uncle Steve will put you onto the fish.

Comment

Good luck to everyone who gets out, I might see you there. The small tides won’t help much and with the mucky water anchors and big baits will be my first tactic.

Comment

Drop a trusty crusty in the shallow water and I'm sure something will take an interest
                              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Working...
                              X