enoughs enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enoughs enough

what the hell is going on out there, what has happened to the cod, I don't care what anybody says things are not normal and there is definately a problem with the cod fishing off this coast. Has anybody brought this to the attention of the fisheries or whoever it is . If anyone knows the contact details I will certainly drop them a line.
    •Secretary not permanent fixture until screwed on top of desk
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    :man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day

PB COD 22LB (BOAT) Grafter h'pool
    LING 21LB (BOAT) Esmeralda h'pool
    CONGER 30LB (BOAT) IOM
    THORNBACK RAY 13LB (BOAT) ULLAPOOL
    COD 12LB PIER(middleton)
    CARP 30LB CANADA
    PIKE 25LB SCOTLAND

You would be wasting your time, last time I spoke about it to them I was told that after all the work conducted in the north sea, they are happy with the current levels of cod and other white fish that are all reported to be on the increase.

Love to know where from, last year was poor and it is early still n April is never a great month really but the sea is dead apart from the odd undersize codling (3lb or below) and dd pouting.....will see what the next trip holds but I agree, something not right. We have jelly fish all over and we don't often see this in March/April....my opinion is the sea is warmer than normal and the cod/coalie etc have just stayed much further north

On a different note mackerel have hit the north west coast of wales in force yesterday, reports of hundreds of 2"-10" joey mackerel being landed.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

I wonder which North sea they are on about, it certainly isn't the one round here. A few possible causes I've heard, too many trawlers, too many seals. The person who checks the stocks suffers from double vision and the person who verifies the findings is as blind as a bat. The eu has confiscated them .
      •Secretary not permanent fixture until screwed on top of desk
      Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
      :man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day

PB COD 22LB (BOAT) Grafter h'pool
      LING 21LB (BOAT) Esmeralda h'pool
      CONGER 30LB (BOAT) IOM
      THORNBACK RAY 13LB (BOAT) ULLAPOOL
      COD 12LB PIER(middleton)
      CARP 30LB CANADA
      PIKE 25LB SCOTLAND

Comment

Well the sea is as green as I have ever seen, this will be due to such a mild winter.

More trawlers from the Tyne now than I have seen (most Scottish) for many years, all hitting the prawns and as many know the discard from prawn trawlers is big and takes a lot of undersized fish.

The sea is changing and the species like cod, coalie etc are staying further north and not coming as far south now.

But who knows, it could all spring to life any weekend as it has in the past. The lack of any type or size of fish is a worry but I have marked fish on all marks I fished last weekend just very few landed...lets see what happens and if no improvement by the 2nd week in May, then we can all really worry.
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb