Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uk fishing

I may be wrong, but i have an opinion,
    a thread lately about our fishing right's got me thinking.
    I've fished between the wind turbine's of the coast at cambois,and teeside, and both fished very well.
    these turbines create feeding grounds for the fish, and safety, as the trawler's can't get between them, our's or foreign.
    My point is in the near future our whole north east coast line, will be covered with wind farm's.
    I can see cod stock's raising as they can't be netted and will breed and feed on the turbine ground's.
    only an opinion lad's,
    if anyone's interested i have the map's and plan's of consentent and proposed plan's for the north sea wind turbine's.
    Davey

should of said uk fishing....!

Comment

Agree Davey,probably the ONLY place the fish are safe from trawling nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by Davey1970 View Post
        I may be wrong, but i have an opinion,
        a thread lately about our fishing right's got me thinking.
        I've fished between the wind turbine's of the coast at cambois,and teeside, and both fished very well.
        these turbines create feeding grounds for the fish, and safety, as the trawler's can't get between them, our's or foreign.
        My point is in the near future our whole north east coast line, will be covered with wind farm's.
        I can see cod stock's raising as they can't be netted and will breed and feed on the turbine ground's.
        only an opinion lad's,
        if anyone's interested i have the map's and plan's of consentent and proposed plan's for the north sea wind turbine's.
        Davey
        very good thinking lad, nice one
        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

interesting opinion.

sadly,a canny few of us members on nesa,wont be around to fish,the new breeding grounds.{good point}mind davey..

Comment

Originally posted by regpude View Post
            sadly,a canny few of us members on nesa,wont be around to fish,the new breeding grounds.{good point}mind davey..
            we will reg, the two biggest wind farm's in the world are under way as we speak, Hornsea and Dogger bank, both of the north east coast.
            The London Array used to be the biggest in the world, is absolutely dwarfed by both these wind farm's, even the major shipping company's have been told to re-route.

Comment

dont kidd yourself

should help the stocks, but one time hard ground and wrecks, were no go to trawlers.
              didn't stop the gill netters from Grimsby destroying the graveyard and all the other good wrecks offshore,
              that still haven't recovered since, but anything that offers any protection for breeding stocks is a good thing
              but I am afraid there isn't any place not fishable
              FISHING

Comment

Never heard that before Allan , interesting

Comment

I've heard that scallop boats are causing a lot of damage around our coast at the moment and could be a reason for poor cod fishing, anyone else heard this? I don't know if they would get in among the wind farms. if they did then it would be curtains for cod.
                  •Secretary not permanent fixture until screwed on top of desk
                  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
                  :man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day

PB COD 22LB (BOAT) Grafter h'pool
                  LING 21LB (BOAT) Esmeralda h'pool
                  CONGER 30LB (BOAT) IOM
                  THORNBACK RAY 13LB (BOAT) ULLAPOOL
                  COD 12LB PIER(middleton)
                  CARP 30LB CANADA
                  PIKE 25LB SCOTLAND

Comment

Its the ever increasing prawn fleet the north east coast needs to be more concerned out, the amount of visiting trawlers that work the marks up and down our coast taken prawns and a host of small fish and sea bed life in the process.

We got close to two Scottish prawn trawlers a few weeks back, they had over a mile gulls following them and when we crossed that line it was a mass of sinking shells, whiting, dab and other sea life...shame but its their living and its legal so cant complain.

As Allan says the graveyard has never recovered, we visit the wrecks 18-40miles off a few times a year and if I am honest they or not worth the fuel but I don't like fishing the same wrecks week in week out regardless how good they fish so I don't mind going on the hunt.

The reports say the north sea has recovered and the stocks are good but we don't seem to be seeing it down our way, further north it seems to be very healthy, could just be a sign of the sea changing and the richer waters are not coming as far south as they once did.

I cant remember two really poor fishing years in a row and I think everyone would agree last year was very poor both fishing and wind wise, this year has started rather poor but has a better feel to it.

I have noticed a huge reduction in coalie, a increase in Pollack, pouting and some more speices you would not expect to see Brill, turbot, halibut, dogfish....does this point to changing times in our area of sea or just other species taken advantage of fewer cod and ling of late.

Who knows but we will be out trying every week the weather lets us and take it from there, for me its about having a day out in the fresh air and fish a bonus but that only counts for the good days with low tackle losses, when being chucked around and chucking money in the sea with constant snags, we need to see fish to keep us going.
                    ................__................................ .............................
                    ____[ ~ \_____
                    [__On-A-Roll__/
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                    P.B
                    SKATE 204lb
                    COD 51lb
                    LING 32lb
                    TOPE 40lb
                    CONGER 25lb
                    HADDOCK 10lb
                    HALIBUT 37lb
                    COALIE 16lb
                    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Good post. Gets a load of different opinions and views.

I agree to a degree with Richy, if you have Prawn trawlers removing juvenile fish and having up to 70% discarded dead immature fish when fishing with 80mm gear what chance have the stocks got of recovering.
                      Also the super trawlers fishing for Sand eel and pout for fertiliser is criminal.
                      If you take all of these fish out of the food chain something has to give.

One of the big factors in recovery in looking back was the lack of fishing during the war. The stocks had a chance to replenish and thrive. I am not suggesting another war but some closure would help in my opinion for the long term prospects.

Graham.

Comment

Well little has improved, fished the weather window yesterday but little to show for it.

Quick sum up.

Water brown close in

Water thick green algi as far as 16 miles off

Wrecks very quite though marking fish

Close in wrecks off piers and ground, lot of small codling and pouting to squid n crab but few classed as keepers.

Radio chatter all reporting the same.

Lot of summer birds about as well as Dolphins so must be feed in the water.

Hopefully it will switch on if we ever get a week of settled none windy weather.
                        ................__................................ .............................
                        ____[ ~ \_____
                        [__On-A-Roll__/
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        P.B
                        SKATE 204lb
                        COD 51lb
                        LING 32lb
                        TOPE 40lb
                        CONGER 25lb
                        HADDOCK 10lb
                        HALIBUT 37lb
                        COALIE 16lb