Lucy Olivia 18/05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucy Olivia 18/05

Great to see some reports coming in again so although nothing ground breaking thought i would add to the feeling that the season has started.
    1st trip out this year and that had to be a last minute nick off from work and grab a few hours tonight. Hardly got the boat afloat last year so determined this is going to be a good year.
    Leaving the marina at 4.30pm and dropping an orange tiger twin tail on a 3oz leadhead over the side by 5.00pm, I hoped the light gear would do tonight and bang straight into a nice pan sized 4lber, quickly followed by lots of small fish upto 2lb.
    Thought it was gonna be a bumper night but around 6pm the drift came to a standstill and despite trying all sorts only had an odd small fish until 8pm, drift finally started to pick up a bit and took another 5 keepers in 10 mins, more than happy with 6 fish decided to call it a night.
    Great to be back out again.
    * sorry just realised should have posted in catch reports, it's been that long I have forgotten what do!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Codcrazy; 18-05-2017, 10:45 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong forum

Nice fish, all out the same mould where we're you fishing out from!!
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Out of Sunderland, hard ground couple of miles off Ryhope. Like you say all very similar stamp around 4lb, quite a few just under the 2lb mark as well.
      They were all coughing up a lot of sand eel fry, can't remember that being this early in previous years?

Comment

good start codcrazy, hope it continue's. welldone

Comment

Working...
        X