Bird watching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird watching...

Not a proper fishing trip today - took SWMBO out seabird watching ( one of the conditions of buying the new boat).

Decided to try & get a few mackerel following Jason\'s tip off South Gare (for which many thanks, Jason). There were 4 or 5 boats with us, no-one catching. SWMBO lowers her binoculars, points and says \"There are terns fishing over there\", pointing at an area about 1/2 mile out to sea. Indeed, terns were diving, surfacing, and flogging back inland with beaks full of sandeel. Drove boat to indicated spot, dropped feathers - mackerel for tea! Just goes to show.

Way home was a bit dicey - docked in beautiful sunshine, going back down A19 - rain, hail, thunder, lightning, road like a river, lots of cars pulled up with dead electrics. Nothing like an English summer is there?

Won\'t be out next 3 weekends as off on jollies to Cornwall on thurs. Hoping to get in a couple of charter trips while down there. Bass/pollack on wish list.

Nice one Phil at least swmbo gets one day out and you get the rest LOL. Sounds like the Macky are just were we got them on thursday. About a half to a mile off the Gare.
    Have a good holiday mate. I saw you coming into the marina and the boat looks great.
    Regards.
    Jason
    give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

Not managed to hit anything in the lock yet either!

Thanks for everyone\'s comments on the boat.

Just the skipper that\'s not up to scratch now...

Comment

I was caught in that thunder storm phil , one of the worst I\'ve seen

Comment

Thunder storm was a bit dodgy.
          We had a look out for a few hours this afternoon off Hartlepool.
          Just tried off the heugh and around the fairway bouy we were plagued with mackerel, no cod though.
          My dad got about half a dozen small flatties. We kept about 6 mackerel and all the rest was returned.
          It is the first time this year we have had a good show of mackerel, just need a good show of cod now

Drop me a message if you fancy a look out doubled up fishing after you\'ve been on your holls Phil. Nice to hear you found some macky aswell.

Comment

Will do, Coddy.

2 boats = extrs safety margin, provided we don\'t collide!

Comment

Working...
            X