Northumberland puffin kayak competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northumberland puffin kayak competition

Hi folks. its been a hard decision to have to make but as expected the sea state is such that it will not be safe for the Puffin Competition to go ahead tomorrow. We have discussed the conditions at length between ourselves and with some very experienced anglers, and all agree that it must be postponed. We propose to hold the event next Saturday 3rd of June. We will post updates with all the details soon. can you please share this news as some will be travelling here today. We hope you all agree this is the right decision as there are kayak anglers of all levels of experience attending and your safety is our main concern.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

aye good call lads and with the thunderstorms forecast you could possibly get zapped i belive a kayaker died before due to this a few years back if i remember ,not worth it,atb plum
    did eeerrrr ya snap it off like?thats a shame teeeheeeeheeeheeee and take your rubbish home and dont be a meth

Comment

safety first, even if it turns out to be a lovely day you can do nothing else but to go with the forecast and having been down the front this evening it is very choppy
      Last edited by Charlton; 26-05-2017, 09:09 PM.
      Alan

Comment

It will run Saturday the 3 June

Comment

Originally posted by 90pete View Post
          It will run Saturday the 3 June

will do my best to get there for the weigh in and get some photos, hope weather holds
          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
            will do my best to get there for the weigh in and get some photos, hope weather holds
            Could be a few mackerel caught Alan. mm mm mm!
            P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

PLEASE FIND NEW INFORMATION FOR THE COMPETITION

HERE FOR ALL THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN PATIENTLY WAITING IS THE UP TO DATE COMPETITION INFORMATION.

DATE: 03/06/ 2017
              A193
              link road
              Blyth
              Northumberland
              ne243ph

Times:
              Reg 08:00am-09:00am
              Fishing 10:00am-16:00pm
              Off water 16:00pm
              Weigh-in 16:00pm-17:00pm
              Awards 17:00pm

Entry Fee £15 each / £20 teamx2
              1st - 6th prize.
              Raffle £5 per strip

Heaviest fish Competition or combined two fish for pairs.
              NB, This year we have placed a minimum size regulation on fish that are weighed in. No cod under 45cm will be excepted at weigh-in, by all means smaller fish can be taken that are in-size for the table.

Boundaries:
              North; Newbiggin Power Station.
              South; St Mary's Island Point. (yellow can out of bounds)

Tide Times High 11.33 --low 18.06

Seat boxes. We have been donated by The Compleat Angler of Alnwick, 25 Shakespeare seat boxes. These boxes come complete with tray, seat cushion and shoulder strap, we would appreciate a donation of £10-£15 for one of these. Remember all funds will be donated to the Blyth RNLI.

Comment

Working...
              X