Hartlepool to Skinningrove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartlepool to Skinningrove

Had day off work on Tuesday and me and me dad were going to take the boat down to skinningrove (fishing of course).
    The sea was flat calm but as soon as we loaded the boat up the wind picked up suddenly an made it a bit choppy .
    So we decided to stay local as we have never been that far south before and were only in a little reiver sportsman. and settled for catching mackeral off the heugh. good job as the sea seemed to get worse as the day went on, but then flattened off as we came home .
    To top it off I made a right balls of getting moored up in the lock, I blame the wind of course .

Anyway is it tru that its mainly rough ground off skinningrove ?

The bloke who had the boat before us recons he could get to skinningrove in less than half an hour with our 75 hp outboard, but obvously the sea must have been flat calm. I recon it must take a lot longer if the sea ruffs up.
    Any tips on heading down their and fishing down their ?

We once came back through the lock & met some lads who\'d been down there - they said it was rough ground and the fishing was good. Guess it doesn\'t get fished as heavily coz it\'s a longish trip from either Hartlepool or Whitby. I checked it on the chart and it\'s about 11 miles, so 1/2 hour would be about right for you. Perhaps we should team up sometime for a trip - you\'d have to slow down for me to keep up though!

At least you didn\'t cock up in the lock on a Sunday afternoon when there\'s a lot of spectators!

Comment

Sounds like a good idea Phil.
      Speeds no problem as I will get better mpg if I take it easy, it does\'nt half drink the juice when going flat out.
      Know what you mean about the lock I was dreading my first time through, been ok till the last time (luck must have run out).
      Their was a big trawler in front of me aswell, they enjoyed the show.

Comment

Working...
      X