sea sickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sea sickness

Fairly new to boat fishing. Went a couple of times last season and so far 3 this. Had no trouble last year or 1st trip this year but last 2 times dodgy. Had personal best of 7lb ling today so want to keep it up. Took 2 stugeron about 1 hour before boat. Instructions say 2hours but was worried about driving so left it til I arrived. Had ginger biscuits with me. How do others cope?

Sit under a big tree mate.
    give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

Stugeron fan here....
      Davy

Comment

Kwells mate don\'t affect you in any way.Or fish off S.S Middleton pier.

Comment

My advice is ,drink Stella the night before coupled with a curry or chinese then have a canny breakfast when you get up ,works for me every time ....well so far
          You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Very helpful! Cheers lads.

Comment

given up on pills and potions, they didn\'t make much difference for me and just made me very sleep later in the day. Best remedy of all is time, the more time you spend out there the more accustomed you get. First trip or two each year I can get a bit wobbly, but after a few trips I seem to be ok
              ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

I use Travel-Eeze which last 24 hours and take a dose the day before to get it in my system. The problem is that the first dose knocks me out - subsequent doses are fine!

I also wear acupressure wrist bands.

If the sea gets too rough though none of the above are any use!

Comment

just stick a twenty pound note in between your teeth, works everytime m8

Comment

I used to take something called Sea Legs. Don\'t know if you can still get them or not as I havn\'t been on a boat for ages but they ALWAYS worked for me.

Still think Jason is right like lol.

Jim.
                    Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

No booze the night before.......a good nights\' sleep.......a breakfast of toast, serial and coffee.
                      Only once had a bout of sea sickness......and I hadn\'t followed the usual routine mentioned above.

Mind you, the HUGE swell didn\'t help, either.......lol

Comment

Jim I don\'t know about you but sea legs made me sleep foreva.

Comment

come fishing with us and you will be scared to be sick because of the stick !!! works for me every time and keith
                          bert
                          Cheers Bert

Comment

stugeron , definately

Comment

Never had any problem with them Tat. Mind you the amount of sleep I used to have I was always tired anyway lol.

Jim.
                              Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Working...
                              X