Happy Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Fishing

Some of you may know that I\'m a born again angler after a long time out (it\'s 15 years since my X sold all my tackle at Brierdene car boot sale when I wasn\'t looking). Things have changed and I must say for the better. I never thought I\'d be sitting in front of a PC chattin\' with \"the lads\". Catch reports were always via the local tackle shops, they had all the info!

Can anybody remember the \"Meander\", I\'m sure the skipper was called Geordie Douglas (correct me if I\'m wrong). I only fished once on thiis boat but it was a day to remember. I fished regularly on the original Sahra with Alan Skinner and I\'m pleased to see that Alan is still in there. I also remember Gordon Ballard and Jimmy (towed back) Green. Bookings were made in the pub or by hand held VHF\'s (not from the shore of course).

My personal bests were a couple of double lings on the same day to 12lb and a cat (which I now believe you call a wolf) of 7lb. Never had much luck with cod the best being 6lb which I took out the Tyne on new years eve in 1990. Anyway, the internet makes it all more interesting and I\'m glad I found this site (others too). Happy fishing

Regards, Graham

Nice post mate.
    Sometimes it\'s just great to sit back and think of things from way back.
    Great memories.

Jim.
    Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Because I\'m new back all my memories are from the past. I just stocked up on loads of boat fishing tackle for the season but already thinking of the rocks and my \"pullies\" for next winter. Are we mad, most people think of home and log fires etc.
      Regards, Graham

Comment

Can\'t have too many pulley\'s lol. One bad day and it can seriously deplete the stocks. I always take a couple of dozen with me.

Jim.
        Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

I always take a couple of dozen with me
          Is that headlights Jim?
          www.robadairpetcare.uk

Comment

Nice post mate and best of luck for the future.
            Whats your first name because it looks like you are sticking around for a while ?
            Cheers Alan...

Comment

Thanx, my name is Graham. I\'ve received an email from the son in law of Jimmy Green who told me that Jimmy died last year. The skipper of the Meander was called Harry and haa also gone to the big fishin\' grounds in the sky.

I have been pointed to the \"first page of the nesa site\" but can\'t find it, any help would be welcome.
              Regards, Graham

Comment

Working...
              X