JFK TWO 18/06/17 good and not so good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFK TWO 18/06/17 good and not so good

was out with allan today, everything seemed perfect, weather was perfect, sea was perfect, tides were perfect, company was perfect.......

headed out to a beautifully flat sea, couldn't have asked for better

mackerel was the first task today, even that was hard work for me, we soon got a few so off to the wrecks, fishing was slow, too slow for the conditions. only the odd fish coming in, few small ling, small codling, mackerel very hit and miss.

we visited various wrecks with only the odd fish here and there, the water was crystal clear so i expected shads to work wonders today but bait was the winner.

most wrecks were quiet till we hit one off newbiggin and we had one of those moments i love, rod after rod went over, its great to see 5-6 rods with fish on at the same time, all nice codling, nothing massive, all between 2lb-5lb, i soon had a nice bucket full.

we kept picking away and as quick as they came on they were gone, most lads had a few codling each.

we carried on trying various wrecks with not much happening, pushed off a bit further, had mackerel taking muppets my mate got a nice take which seemed like a good fish

tried to video more but with wet fingers my phone was working itself, as you can see the water was crystal clear.

went just over 6lb so not a monster.

that was about it to be honest, had a mad hour or so which was great, most lads had at least 7 fish each, nothing big but it was a nice day, cant fault allan for effort, kept us on the move but if the fish dont want to play what can we do???

all in all it was a great day, weather was fantastic, we all had a few fish and i now resemble a lobster.... ouch

i do have more video's but im struggling to upload them.

Well done, cracking pics

Comment

just realised ive posted this in the wrong place, too much sun and pouring the fosters down my neck haha

Comment

Thanks Tony for sharing great pictures for those like me who didn't have a chance to fish yesterday.

Comment

Working...
        X