New Toy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy!

been talking to my chaps at UKHO, and have a few images from their latest wheeze...bathymetric charts, need a laptop with gps or a new plotter when they catch up but your plotter display will look a bit like:

(i blurred the info BTW)

been tinkering with it here, you get a full 3d of the water and whtas under it that you can view from any angle, with your boat on top

they have a full set already for the whole of the north sea with every wreck on British Wreck Index already on it, it evens tells you what sort (flavour?) of rock the bottom is made of, tidal streams etc
    the fish won\'t stand a chance
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Looks a bit of quality that mind Mark.

Jim.
    Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

aye and soon as the \'European\' commercials start using it there\'ll be bugger all left but jelly fish, and then the \'oriental nations\' will come have them.

resoltion is as good as 500mm or better, which means if a rock is 500mm in size it shows up as a, well, rock.

if it gets finer, you\'ll be able to see all the gear you\'ve lost on the wrecks!
      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

thats cracking that mark i want one of them now.
        Please donate to the R.N.L.I. by donating on my website www.justgiving.com/craigts

Comment

Bet Boblydon\'s got one on order by tonight

Comment

He still wont catch any fish. canny bit of gear that they cant even hide behind the rocks, yes cod will certainly become extinct shortly
            Alan

Comment

Thanks for that Alan..... What will I call the book now???? The No Codling Crouch lol

Comment

\"The way things used to be\"
                Alan

Comment

To be honest it\'s my opinion that shore fishing has suffered, relatively, less than the fishing in the boat. Many times in the 70\'s I was sick whilst catching up to 30 or 40 codling per session, in the weirs, piers closed. Can\'t see that today but shore catches seem maintained, albeit over a longer period (some good years, some bad). Maybe there\'s more hope for the shore angler than those in the boat

Comment

Could be right there David, there always seem to be a few fish in the weed.
                    Alan

Comment

Got to say that some years on the beach are better than others.
                      This last year is the worst in my memory. so hopefully it was just a bad one.

Jim.
                      Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Working...
                      X