Annual pilgrimage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual pilgrimage

Well the time is nearly upon us. Work over, just the packing to do. Lynn makes me do a list, then halves it, there is only so much you can fit in a Panda. She needs to be told she doesn't need to take half her kitchen equipment with her!

For once the forecast on Magic Seaweed looks pretty good for chartering (next week at least). Looking forward to getting out with Alan on JFK2 again and trying out my new rod and reel.

Pushed the boat out(so to speak) and hired a posh private caravan in Whitley Bay this year, looks lovely! We missed being there last year! I've just been to the bank to withdraw all my Scottish notes for our trip, tackle box all sorted out, with a few new curly-tailed, brightly coloured shads, which doubtless I will lose first drop in a wreck!

All I need now is a few fish(Lynn will catch regardless!)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kayos; 01-07-2017, 06:15 PM.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Hope you both have a great trip and the weather is kinder this time.
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

This years fishing so so weird...nothing seems to be the way, we expected it...Now I would not even be surprised, if Mark and Lynn are having good weather, no cancellations and catch looads of fish.

Comment

Have a good trip you two, canny tides, forecast though changes every 6hrs so far looks good.

Fishing has been patchy and mackerel not a given.

We fished today had about 30 cod n ling from 3lb-8lb between 2 of us and a hand full of mackerel so fish about and JFK2 will find them for yous.
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

enjoy and hoy some pics up
          have you got a cloth

Comment

Thanks lads. Woke up to pouring rain this morning, apparently on for the day! WFT?? That wasn't the forecast when I looked on Sunday?

On the plus side, forecast looks good for JFK2 tomorrow, so a pub lunch, bait from Ollies, then sort out the gear for tomorrow looks like all we can do today!
            2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Working...
            X